The Student Room Group

Ex Girlfriend

Sorry but this is very long, please stick it out :smile:

So basically a while back (when I was turning 15) I dated this girl for around a year (just before I was turning 16 years old) and after we broke up we didn't talk for a few months but then we became friends for over half a year - and surprisingly very good friends I didn't think of her as my ex at all around that time. I want to say that I'm also 17 years old.

We ended up falling out because there was a small period in time where I felt like she was almost parenting me if I did something wrong like turning up late to a job interview or just being careless in general. So we basically argued and never spoke again since - when in reality she just cared about me as a good friend but I didn't have that mindset at the time.

This incident happened early January this year and since then I've met a lot of new people, surrounded myself with some girls but haven't had any relationships. I was assuming with this sort of lifestyle I would have forgotten her completely but I haven't at all, I still think of her nearly everyday since January regardless of what I do. Probably because she was a large part of my life.

Anyways I decided to message her nearly a week ago in a nice manner by just saying if she's doing okay and all, nice gesture I suppose. She read the message and hasn't replied...

I know the cliche talk about how you can't be friends with your ex and I'm guessing that she's just moved on and closed that early chapter of her life. Only thing going for us was that we had a lot in common so we could just talk for several hours whenever we did talk.

So should I do anything else or just take it up the chin? Message her again or try meet in coincidence.
We also live 30 seconds by walk apart so I occasionally see her.

I genuinely miss her company as a person, I'm not even planning to date her again because that's just my moral.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Aquila 7
Sorry but this is very long, please stick it out :smile:

So basically a while back (when I was turning 15) I dated this girl for around a year (just before I was turning 16 years old) and after we broke up we didn't talk for a few months but then we became friends for over half a year - and surprisingly very good friends I didn't think of her as my ex at all around that time. I want to say that I'm also 17 years old.

We ended up falling out because there was a small period in time where I felt like she was almost parenting me if I did something wrong like turning up late to a job interview or just being careless in general. So we basically argued and never spoke again since - when in reality she just cared about me as a good friend but I didn't have that mindset at the time.

This incident happened early January this year and since then I've met a lot of new people, surrounded myself with some girls but haven't had any relationships. I was assuming with this sort of lifestyle I would have forgotten her completely but I haven't at all, I still think of her nearly everyday since January regardless of what I do. Probably because she was a large part of my life.

Anyways I decided to message her nearly a week ago in a nice manner by just saying if she's doing okay and all, nice gesture I suppose. She read the message and hasn't replied...

I know the cliche talk about how you can't be friends with your ex and I'm guessing that she's just moved on and closed that early chapter of her life. Only thing going for us was that we had a lot in common so we could just talk for several hours whenever we did talk.

So should I do anything else or just take it up the chin? Message her again or try meet in coincidence.
We also live 30 seconds by walk apart so I occasionally see her.

I genuinely miss her company as a person, I'm not even planning to date her again because that's just my moral.

Just drop her a note or some flowers and say sorry for being a **** and you misser her. Ask her if shed like to go out for some food or a drink as friends as you enjoy her company and regret very much falling out.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Just drop her a note or some flowers and say sorry for being a **** and you misser her. Ask her if shed like to go out for some food or a drink as friends as you enjoy her company and regret very much falling out.

That's interesting thanks :smile:
Original post by Aquila 7
That's interesting thanks :smile:

You are going to have to say you are sorry and mean it or she wont believe you.
What you see as mothering just sounds like she cared in her own way. Not saying she was perfect, but you couldnt handle it.
BUN DAT.
Take it up the chin and move the FOOK on because she has.
You'll find another, maybe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending