The Student Room Group

The Trump Megathread 👌

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by zhog
What, to simply get retweets and nothing else?

I have no idea what Trump really thinks
Original post by SGHD26716
I have no idea what Trump really thinks

Lol I don't think anyone does. I'm sure he spends most of his time sitting at his desk trying to think of his next tweet.
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/muslim-ban-travel-ban-donald-trump-immigration-north-korea-venezuela-iran-chad-a7965221.html

Trumps extends travel ban to the U.S from North Korea, Venezuela and Chad. What did the citizens of those countries ever do lol? The original travel ban to the Muslim countries was apparently to prevent terrorism but why now these three countries as well? :s-smilie:

Getting to travel to the US is a PRIVILEGE not a RIGHT
Original post by waleed99
Getting to travel to the US is a PRIVILEGE not a RIGHT

Yes I agree but what have the citizens of those countries done wrong to deserve being banned from going to the U.S?
He speaks in Sun headlines
The Republicans control the House, the Senate and the Presidency. They have failed to repeal Obamacare once again tonight. Legislatively pathetic government.
Original post by MrDystopia
The Republicans control the House, the Senate and the Presidency. They have failed to repeal Obamacare once again tonight. Legislatively pathetic government.

We should be thankful to be honest. With a Republican majority I really thought any and all bills would be passed through without much issue but it seems even his own party are going against him on a fair few of his proposed bills.
OK I'm convinced trump actually wants war...

The little ruler in trumpkin's hand... :rofl:

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
OK I'm convinced trump actually wants war..

It's impressive how much the Chinese seem to have moved on this, more than over the past decade or ever at all. Maybe that has something to do with Trump's firm turning of the economic screw on them, which was all that could be done other than to just watch the rockets fly by. Further and further.

Maybe he is bluffing...
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by AmeliaLost

The little ruler in trumpkin's hand... :rofl:

Spoiler

giphy.gif
Original post by QE2
Trump didn't "get it". He just didn't want to talk to someone like he perceived Ali G to be (ie. not white and not able to offer him anything).

Most politicians spend a lot of time having to talk nonsense to people who they actually despise, so no surprise that they just got on with it.

Are people not bored of calling Trump a white supremacist yet?
Reply 33
Original post by Underscore__
Are people not bored of calling Trump a white supremacist yet?
That's a bit like asking if people are not bored of calling the Pope a Catholic.
Original post by QE2
That's a bit like asking if people are not bored of calling the Pope a Catholic.

Or people criticizing the Pope for being a Catholic... happened to a catholic MP recently. Two, actually.

American politics can be different from ours, they are not as ageist as we are for starters. Look at the ages of their presidential candidates, Trump, Hillary, Bernie. Over here, Ming was a boring old-fart completely out of touch with zero appeal to the electorate. On this front, the reaction to people like the Mogg is something that wouldn't happen in the US. People are freer to air such legitimate views without causing as much of a stir, good on them.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by QE2

Difference is the pope is verifiably Catholic
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41528526

Donald Trump's government has issued a ruling that allows employers to opt out of providing free birth control to millions of Americans. :colonhash:
That's true. We know the original ban was strictly a Muslim ban but now he's seen the opportunity to disguise the ban as a general ban by adding a few other non Muslim countries to the list, very sneaky.

The travel ban that was imposed before the three other countries were added to it was created by the Obama Administration but was never fully implemented. Trump took the idea and implemented it as the US couldn't fully vet the people coming from those countries. It's not a 'Muslim ban' as you call it.

And what's that Donald Duck? War?
I think Trump might be a narcissist

Quick Reply

Latest