The Student Room Group

B.Sc Civil Engineering

I've decided that this is the course I want to do at University but Im worried about the possible math content. B.Sc CE courses dont ask for maths a level so I dont know if i should expect little math or a lot, or whether it will be hard or not. I study physics A level so I have some mathematical ability. Can someone tell me about the math content of the course? Thank you

My biggest worry is dropping out because Im not smart enough to do the course.Can someone tell me about the maths content of the course? Thank you
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Original post by alexmcfc43
I've decided that this is the course I want to do at University but Im worried about the possible math content. B.Sc CE courses dont ask for maths a level so I dont know if i should expect little math or a lot, or whether it will be hard or not. I study physics A level so I have some mathematical ability. Can someone tell me about the math content of the course? Thank you

My biggest worry is dropping out because Im not smart enough to do the course.Can someone tell me about the maths content of the course? Thank you

Is the course accredited? If not, it can complicate things later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Doonesbury
Is the course accredited? If not, it can complicate things later.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it is
Yes it is

Are you sure ? It should be called BEng .... not BSc
Reply 5
Yes it is

Ok great. If the course doesn't require maths then any maths in the course will be taught as part of the course. You'll be fine.
Reply 6
Original post by chungyanho

Yes there are a handful of b.sc civil engineering degrees that are accredited.
Reply 7
Original post by chungyanho

Not necessarily:
Eg. https://www.derby.ac.uk/civil-engineering-and-construction-courses/civil-engineering-bsc-hons/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Doonesbury
Ok great. If the course doesn't require maths then any maths in the course will be taught as part of the course. You'll be fine.

Thanks, I just need to know how hard the maths are now :s-smilie: anyone here study the course?

Quick Reply

Latest