The Student Room Group

Law York vs Lincoln

Hi, I would like to study law at university and I have just started my gap year. My main considerations are Lincoln and york. I have the entry requirements for Lincoln comfortably (they are BBC) but york is a big stretch. I have achieved an A in a level law, a C in a level chemistry, an M2 in pre u and an A in as biology. I would like to know what kind of chance I have at getting into york ( which requires AAA)? Also I would like to know how Lincoln compares to york in real terms? I know york is top 10 and Lincoln is top 50 ranking wise, but what does this actually mean? Will I get a much better job with a good degree from york than I would with the same from Lincoln? Will the teaching quality be substantially better at york? How do they compare?
Thanks in advance
lol york aint top 20
Original post by fleetmac wood
lol york aint top 20

I think you'll find you're wrong.

Original post by mabskills
Hi, I would like to study law at university and I have just started my gap year. My main considerations are Lincoln and york. I have the entry requirements for Lincoln comfortably (they are BBC) but york is a big stretch. I have achieved an A in a level law, a C in a level chemistry, an M2 in pre u and an A in as biology. I would like to know what kind of chance I have at getting into york ( which requires AAA)? Also I would like to know how Lincoln compares to york in real terms? I know york is top 10 and Lincoln is top 50 ranking wise, but what does this actually mean? Will I get a much better job with a good degree from york than I would with the same from Lincoln? Will the teaching quality be substantially better at york? How do they compare?
Thanks in advance

Few people will have experience undergraduate law at both unis to be able to compare the two courses. Generally it is the case that the higher ranked uni has better teaching, more established staff, better connection with law firms, and better graduate destinations. This is likely the case with York compared to Lincoln, in fact I would go so far as it almost definitely is the case.

The aim would be to get into York, and if not get into an AAB- course. There are a number, including Liverpool.

Quick Reply

Latest