The Student Room Group

The Persian Society (UKL Iranian Society)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5980
bigmo7
Yeah maybe but it's not like we don't have good players, there's way too much politics in the national team. Can't believe we couldn't even beat Saudi Arabia :facepalm:

they just lack organisation, the talent's there
One of the Islamic Republic's representatives in Germany demonstrating his, erm, diplomatic skills:

Hahahahahahahahahaha, good one! But it isn't better than the one outside Khomeini's place in Paris. :wink:
Hello guys, it's that time of year again I guess, when everyone is booking their tickets for the summer and stressing over the upcoming exams! What are all your guys plans? :smile:
Reply 5984
daruishraz
Hello guys, it's that time of year again I guess, when everyone is booking their tickets for the summer and stressing over the upcoming exams! What are all your guys plans? :smile:

In terms of exams I'm not really that worried cos with it being the first year of Uni it's pretty straightforward tbh. Hopefully I should be going to Dubai, Turkey and maybe just maybe Iran...*fingers crossed*
bigmo7
In terms of exams I'm not really that worried cos with it being the first year of Uni it's pretty straightforward tbh. Hopefully I should be going to Dubai, Turkey and maybe just maybe Iran...*fingers crossed*

Ahh, I have a few exams in the summer which I need to get good grades in...wish me luck! :p:

I'll probably be going Iran for 3 months, but I also fancy visiting Erbil in Iraqi Kurdistan - they're building it up quite well, but I'm not sure whether it's too safe or not when I go Iran in the summer.
Reply 5986
i should be going to Iran, Syria, Turkey and maaaaybe Bahrain :smile:
Reply 5987
daruishraz
Ahh, I have a few exams in the summer which I need to get good grades in...wish me luck! :p:

I'll probably be going Iran for 3 months, but I also fancy visiting Erbil in Iraqi Kurdistan - they're building it up quite well, but I'm not sure whether it's too safe or not when I go Iran in the summer.

Good luck! :yy:

I only need good grades to make myself feel good and maybe if I wanted to take a year out of Uni and work but that's about it.

I'd love to go back to Iran just to visit family and go sightseeing, I guess even visiting my family would be more than enough. 10 years since I last saw them :sad

My granddad visits Iraq quite often usually on religious trips or whatever but he says some parts are becoming more secure than Iran is. In terms of security and whatnot. Though admittedly most of those parts are Shia dominated and controlled.

I just can't wait to get out the UK for a bit :excited:
Reply 5988
bigmo7

My granddad visits Iraq quite often usually on religious trips or whatever but he says some parts are becoming more secure than Iran is. In terms of security and whatnot. Though admittedly most of those parts are Shia dominated and controlled.

you'd be surprised! i have an Iraqi friend who went to Karbala during Moharram for Ashoura. she said places like Samerra are all controlled by Sunnis and the Christians from north Iraq come down and help them make food for nazri! :eek3:
Democracy
One of the Islamic Republic's representatives in Germany demonstrating his, erm, diplomatic skills:

haha...typical. that's the best he's got..."eh. khafesho!"
made me laugh :tongue:
Has anyone heard of this? It's a great graphic novel about Iran that is being posted up page by page online.
check it out: http://www.zahrasparadise.com/lang/en/archives/76
It seems quite popular, translated into 8 different languages :]
Reply 5991
1234lime
Has anyone heard of this? It's a great graphic novel about Iran that is being posted up page by page online.
check it out: http://www.zahrasparadise.com/lang/en/archives/76
It seems quite popular, translated into 8 different languages :]

Had a look at the first few - it looks really good!
Reply 5992
sak-y
Had a look at the first few - it looks really good!

I agree..the illustrations are great!
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Please watch this, it's interesting AND funny. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaDKxPkjejs

If you cba watching it all, skip to 16:20. Iranian professor gets angry and ... :wink:
Reply 5994
ahahahaha 14:28 is where it's at! :p:

Typical - put two arabs together and they start picking on the Iranian! I have no idea who that Iranian guy was, but I really like him! haha
sak-y
ahahahaha 14:28 is where it's at!

Typical - put two arabs together and they start picking on the Iranian! I have no idea who that Iranian guy was, but I really like him! haha

Just another western based regime stooge.
Reply 5996
Democracy
Just another western based regime stooge.

He was speaking from Tehran..?
sak-y
He was speaking from Tehran..?

He has pretty heavy links with many Western organisations, he's published a lot in the West, is involved with Western based IRI front groups, and he appears on Western TV...in short he's paid by the regime to mislead the West with IRI propaganda, much like Mohammad Marandi.
yepp, very much like Mohammad Morandi. Go to Aljazeeras website and you can watch Mohammad Morandi for yourself on other programmes of Inside Iraq - he is so funny, as he justs stays so calm, and acts as though nothing is going on, very much like Ahmadinejad when being interviewed.
sak-y
ahahahaha 14:28 is where it's at! :p:

LMAO - especially when the Arab starts laughing. Did you watch it all?
Also, did you notice his lip? did you think it was bleeding?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending