The Student Room Group

Best college for musical activity

I will be applying to Cambridge CompSci for entry in 2018. I have a huge passion for music. I play the guitar and would love to join a band at Cambridge. Which college would you recommend as the most musically active?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by kuprelis
I will be applying to Cambridge CompSci for entry in 2018. I have a huge passion for music. I play the guitar and would love to join a band at Cambridge. Which college would you recommend as the most musically active?

For things like a band, there isn't any 'official' permanent society/club at any college or at University level. It's usually formed and organized more privately and often impromptu basis, so it's difficult to say which college may be most active in those things in the three year period you'll happen to be.
Also, those bands/groups aren't always confined to one college but people of several colleges do form a band together, too, especially if there aren't enough members in their own college, and there's always networking & interaction between people who share same interest, so no need to worry you may not be able to be involved if you chose a wrong college.

And this goes to a lot of other music-related activities, too, if any lurker is wondering about it. All college do have music-related societies/clubs of several kinds, too, but there's also a lot more things happening outside those established societies/clubs at the same time, especially if some of them are very proactive and good at organizing things.
I'd say music scene at Cambridge in general is quite fluid and it depends on what sort of people happened to be where and when than being at any particular college. (and every college claims they're very active and strong tradition in music, too, anyway, as they always claim all other things.....:tongue: )
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending