The Student Room Group

What subjects are best for being a vet? **SCOTTISH**

So, I'm in S2 and am picking my subjects for National 5.
At my school we do 8 NAT 5's.
I have to take Maths and English (fine by me) and am definitely doing the three sciences.
what other subjects would you recommend?
Definitely RMPS, and a foreign language.
Original post by aronofskygal
Definitely RMPS, and a foreign language.

I don't mean to be rude, but how would RMPS help me? just curious
Original post by Geekysciencegirl
I don't mean to be rude, but how would RMPS help me? just curious

RMPS is a valued subject as it shows that you are an open-minded and understanding person - veterinary medicine requires vets that are able to make correct moral and ethical decisions, and RMPS will certainly help with showing that.
Reply 4
I have to take Maths and English (fine by me) and am definitely doing the three sciences.

I'd have a look at the social subjects and pick the ones you enjoy most out of Geography, History, Modern Studies and RMPS, since these help with essay writing. Apart from maybe a language, just pick stuff you'd enjoy since you're gonna be stuck with them for 2 years.

Hi :wavey:
I also want to be a vet and am an S6 student in Scotland :smile:

For your National 5s, other than the subjects you have already said you will be doing, it really doesn't matter from the perspective of universities. What will matter to them is your grades. For that reason, go with whichever subjects you think you will do best in, or that you enjoy the most. Feel free to PM me if you ever need anything vet related :smile: Hope this helps :smile:
I agree with Labrador99. You are doing the five most important ones. For the rest choose subjects that you enjoy and will most likely do well in :smile:
Does anyone know which is the best social subject for being a vet. I am an s2 picking my subjects and enjoy all 3
Original post by Bunnyworld1234
Does anyone know which is the best social subject for being a vet. I am an s2 picking my subjects and enjoy all 3

Pick the one that you get the best grades in or if you do well in all of them then look at what the course involves as often it might not seem as interesting to you as you originally thought? What are your 3 social subjects?
Original post by Bunnyworld1234

There isn’t a best, all the same from a uni POV, as long as you take 3 sciences, maths and English, rest doesn’t matter, just grades. (Would recommend a language though)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending