The Student Room Group

Gf banned me from having female friends

Scroll to see replies

Run for the hills mate, you don't need that in a relationship at all
Original post by Anonymous
Don't want to give too much details but basically my gf has said I'm not allowed to have any female friends at all. I don't have any anyway as I'm not so confident but they fact that she said she can't really hurts me. She gets very jealous all the time and always worries i will find someone else or something
Any advice?

Advice? Ban her from being your girlfriend. Simples.
Don't want to give too much details but basically my gf has said I'm not allowed to have any female friends at all. I don't have any anyway as I'm not so confident but they fact that she said she can't really hurts me. She gets very jealous all the time and always worries i will find someone else or something
Any advice?

Break up with her. This is a toxic and controlling relationship. She clearly doesn't trust you.
Cheat on her so that she'l never be able to trust another human being ever again.
Stop being a cuck and carry on having female friends, in fact not only that, you should also secretly sleep with other women on the side.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
what's wrong with you ppl

What? How is a girlfriend controlling who her partner can and can't be friends with not setting off alarm bells for you?
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
What? How is a girlfriend controlling who her partner can and can't be friends with not setting off alarm bells for you?

What do you mean "alarm bells?" She's not hammering his balls here. People who are actually in relationships normally wouldn't dump someone over this, telling op to break up with his girlfriend over this sounds sadistic.
What do you mean "alarm bells?" She's not hammering his balls here. People who are actually in relationships normally wouldn't dump someone over this, telling op to break up with his girlfriend over this sounds sadistic.

Trying to dictate who your partner can be friends with is pretty disgusting, inappropriate behaviour. It reveals the serious trust issues and deep-seated paranoia of the girlfriend's psyche. Certainly not traits you'd want for an emotionally stable and long lasting relationship.
Trying to dictate who your partner can be friends with is pretty disgusting, inappropriate behaviour. It reveals the serious trust issues and deep-seated paranoia of the girlfriend's psyche. Certainly not traits you'd want for an emotionally stable and long lasting relationship.

It's certainly not toxic like what people are saying. It's not like she's not abusing him...I mean...you don't know her lol. Saying she's dump material over this, I just don't get it. Not even "sit down and talk to her, tell her how you feel, tell her to pull back a bit." Just straight up "dump her, she's sick." Wow. But ok anyways. No biggie, just my opinion :yy:.
She also makes me msg her constantly when I'm out, and take pictures as if she doest trust where I am

:lolwut:

Hoe do you feel about it? You don't mind or annoying?
Posted from TSR Mobile
It's not like she's not abusing him.

I quick straw poll in the office suggests that this sounds like emotional abuse.

Good old safeguarding training.
Original post by Pigster
I quick straw poll in the office suggests that this sounds like emotional abuse.

Good old safeguarding training.

it's annoying at the most. To call this emotional abuse shows you've never been in a relationship with it, so how can you label it something like that?! smh.
I should also mention that she has a lot of guy friends and constantly tells me how she gets hit on everyday, however then she always gets worried that I will get hit on? I literally never do anyway so it's really double sided of her.
I should also mention that I'm 19 in uni and she's 24 and working

Exactly. I could understand it more if the person they wanted to be friends with was a drug addict or generally a trouble maker.
Is she hot?

If not she probably thinks you're going to get with someone better looking
That's controlling and potentially abusive behaviour. I wouldn't stay with someone who banned me from having friends of the opposite sex.
Any advice?

Imagine being this whipped that you can't even have female friends because she says so. Man you gotta grow a pair and tell her to btfo. You also say you have confidence issues, I'd work on that also as it'll help.
Reply 57
W H I P P E D

Utterly pathetic OP. She has you on a leash huh? Man up and stop acting like a ***** or she'll continue to walk all over you.
Original post by chungyanho
Just dont cheat on her. I am sure she is a trouble one if u want to break up in the future haha so good luck

True lol
I would change GF, she can't control you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending