Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Never had a boyfriend and in college? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm ugly and it's making me depressed. Boys have never liked me.

I have all sorts wrong with my appearance. I have an ugly face, big ears(I plan on getting surgery on them one day) awkward damaged hair that won't grow and I'm a bit fat.

I've been trying to lose weight and grow my hair to get boys to like me but I feel like no matter what I do I'll still be ugly and I'll never be loved.

I see all these happy couples in college and it makes me hate myself even more. If I wasn't so ****ing ugly, that couldve been me.

ReputationRep:
    Not what you want to hear, but same....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilgsmwamh)
    I'm ugly and it's making me depressed. Boys have never liked me.

I have all sorts wrong with my appearance. I have an ugly face, big ears(I plan on getting surgery on them one day) awkward damaged hair that won't grow and I'm a bit fat.

I've been trying to lose weight and grow my hair to get boys to like me but I feel like no matter what I do I'll still be ugly and I'll never be loved.

I see all these happy couples in college and it makes me hate myself even more. If I wasn't so ****ing ugly, that couldve been me.
    college as in you are doing your A-Levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justanotherchica)
    college as in you are doing your A-Levels?
    I don't want to sound stupid but I don't know, I've just left year 11 and I got bad grades for my gcses so I'm re doing maths and English

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to sound stupid but I don't know, I've just left year 11 and I got bad grades for my gcses so I'm re doing maths and English
    okay im in year 13 and the last thing on my mind is getting a boyfriend. ive never even had a boyfriend! Colleges have more lax rules and less academic focus so I understand but remember studying is your priority. Your future comes first, you need to get in to uni or do an apprenticeships or take a secure route before you start thinking about this kinda stuff. You're young anyways so you have lots of time left.

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty sure you were lazy before. Just put more efforts in GCSE and stop thinking about relationship and you will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    okay im in year 13 and the last thing on my mind is getting a boyfriend. ive never even had a boyfriend! Colleges have more lax rules and less academic focus so I understand but remember studying is your priority. Your future comes first, you need to get in to uni or do an apprenticeships or take a secure route before you start thinking about this kinda stuff. You're young anyways so you have lots of time left.
    Yeah but most girls get boyfriends when they're like 13. It make sure me feel like I'll never be loved. Working is really hard for me because I hardly understand anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chungyanho)
    I am pretty sure you were lazy before. Just put more efforts in GCSE and stop thinking about relationship and you will be fine.
    It's not as simple as "stop thinking about it". You don't understand. i wish it was that easy.

I wasn't lazy, I have autism and I rarely understood anything because it was full of big words and the questions were too hard. I didn't even get any extra help for my GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but most girls get boyfriends when they're like 13. It make sure me feel like I'll never be loved. Working is really hard for me because I hardly understand anything.
    okay boys are not everything and those girls were hardly in a proper relationship. I don't understand what the hell they were doing.
    if you find studying hard then you should get tuition so that they can help you break down class content and do your homework. Always ask for help from teachers and set out time for studying and going over your work at home and if you have time researching more on your subject. so you are prepared for class.
    if you dont mind me asking which subjects are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    okay boys are not everything and those girls were hardly in a proper relationship. I don't understand what the hell they were doing.
    if you find studying hard then you should get tuition so that they can help you break down class content and do your homework. Always ask for help from teachers and set out time for studying and going over your work at home and if you have time researching more on your subject. so you are prepared for class.
    if you dont mind me asking which subjects are you studying?
    Art, maths and English

ReputationRep:
    There isn’t a ‘set’ age for getting a boyfriend etc. People do different things at different times. Try not to let it bother you. Focus on what you’re doing in your life at the moment- e.g. college. Might be worth speaking to someone such as a doctor if you are feeling low about yourself or talk to friends/family. You are beautiful no matter your flaws 🙂

ReputationRep:
    Art, maths and English
    are they all a levels

ReputationRep:
    It's not as simple as "stop thinking about it". You don't understand. i wish it was that easy.

I wasn't lazy, I have autism and I rarely understood anything because it was full of big words and the questions were too hard. I didn't even get any extra help for my GCSEs.
    Btw girls who get bf when they r 13 are proper sl*** and you dont want that.... I know you really want a bf but I think what u really need is a hobby/ good female friends to go out with. Btw do you have learning disability, I dont want to sound rude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chungyanho)
    Btw girls who get bf when they r 13 are proper sl*** and you dont want that.... I know you really want a bf but I think what u really need is a hobby/ good female friends to go out with. Btw do you have learning disability, I dont want to sound rude.
    anxiety and autism

ReputationRep:
    never had a boyf either, relax, theres more to life than bois

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get a boyfriend until I was almost 19. Relationships really aren't all they're cracked up to be anyway. Friendships are better and longer lasting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnieGakusei)
    I didn't get a boyfriend until I was almost 19. Relationships really aren't all they're cracked up to be anyway. Friendships are better and longer lasting.
    It's hard for me to keep friends as well

ReputationRep:
    I felt the same way and never had a boyfriend until I met my current one 6 months ago in the last couple of weeks of college. Your time will come so try not to worry about this kind of stuff and work hard

ReputationRep:
    You have to realise that boys are the answer to get over your anxiety/autism. you have to first love yourself, then focus on boys. If you don't love yourself then what is the point. Also, beauty is in the eye of beholder. You may think someone is beautiful however they may think they are the ugliest person ever, same way you think.
    Also, I'm 18, never had a boyfriend, sure I would like a relationship but we are young, theres plenty of time for boyfriends or girlfriends or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    Never had a girlfriend before and I left college this year. All I can say is it isn't really needed for now until you know you have found the right person then carry on studying hard.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.