Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

should i dump the instructor ??? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I’m going to call the instructor ass, just so its easier to tell the story

My sister passed with ass after she failed with another INSTRUCTOR, which is why I went to ass. At first ass was all right but always used to complain about his wife and how he wanted a new girl, I just ignored this. He always used to say how he wanted a girl from my ethnic background (still don’t know if he was hinting that he likes me). I decided to keep talking to a minimum because I was sick of listening to him complain about his wife and how he wanted to leave her.

Now ass is just plain rude, always cancelling lessons and treating me like I'm thick. I have my test soon and he cancelled on me, but turned up to my house the next day to make it up even though I said I wasn't free. I went to the lesson anyway seeing as ass turned up, but agreed to only do an hour as I had plans. During the lesson ass told me he couldn’t teach me anything in an hour so we should just go sit in the test centre to see what it’s like. I was just thinking why did you come if you cant teach me anything, when i clearly didnt want the lesson at this time anway.

this has really pissed me off, an i feel like this guy is just mugging me off tbh. now I dont know if I'm just being paranoid but is this instructor bad?

Should I dump him?

ReputationRep:
    dump this ass u call ass

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, he seems really unprofessional. The fact that you think he's an ass alone is enough for you to not give him money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diego Costa)
    Yeah, he seems really unprofessional. The fact that you think he's an ass alone is enough for you to not give him money.
    another thing is, once his wife was away and he asked if i wanted to get something to eat. I just shrugged it off, becuase what would posess him to say that, its sooo inappropriate.

ffs hes made me have trust problems man

ReputationRep:
    Get rid, I had an instructor who had similar problems always complaining about his wife and getting the times wrong for my lessons. I switched to another guy and we were friendly but we didn't get into personal stuff when we talked in the car and I think that really helped. We'd just talk about random stuff like the news etc. Didn't make me feel weirded out at all and I got on much better and passed!

ReputationRep:
    I'd consider making a complaint to the DVSA, link below explains how to do this on Gov.uk

This would be the ADI Registrar

It seems to me that professional boundaries are clearly being broken, which is against the Code of Practice for Approved Driving Instructors.

They are not supposed to be negatively down talking their personal life to pupils.

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-a-driving-instructor

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I would stop using this instructor. He shouldn't unload his personal problems and should focus on teaching you how to drive, and he seems to be failing on both counts! How did your sister stand learning with him?!

Go find a new instructor and pass your test. You could look for recommendations from friends or reviews online. Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he likes you and isn't being very professional about it... although I imagine it's less common now there used to be some pretty sleazy blokes working as driving instructors.

Probably best to get rid.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.