Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    After lots of practice i did 4 mocks, and in each i got below 600, which is awful. I don't know what options i have available for Veterinary Medicine... i was thinking of taking a gap year to improve UKCAT and do as many internships as possible. I wanted to apply to Nottingham, RVC, Bristol and an Irish college (UCD)... i have all the grades (IB)for these, but i am afraid my UKCAT will ruin my chances of acceptance.

ReputationRep:
    I've got good news for you! No veterinary courses require the UCCAT or the BMAT. Cambridge has its own entrance exam. The others only need the grades and the required work experience etc.

(Original post by anniefeatherhop)
    After lots of practice i did 4 mocks, and in each i got below 600, which is awful. I don't know what options i have available for Veterinary Medicine... i was thinking of taking a gap year to improve UKCAT and do as many internships as possible. I wanted to apply to Nottingham, RVC, Bristol and an Irish college (UCD)... i have all the grades (IB)for these, but i am afraid my UKCAT will ruin my chances of acceptance.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    As above, I'm sorry that you have wasted your time and money on this but it wasn't necessary. No vet schools have every used the UKCAT as a method of assessing students, and recently they have stopped using the BMAT as well. The only vet school that still has an admissions test is Cambridge, and they run theirs themselves.

All of the entry criteria are available on the vet school websites for future reference.

Also just in case you're not aware, you don't apply to UCD via UCAS, so you have one more slot to use to apply for a vet school in the UK if you wish.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.