The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What would the admission's team think of someone (applying for natsci)that sent in a personal statement with a couple of minor grammatical errors? ive been stressing about this a bit. in the final few moments while editing i accidentally left in a couple of grammatical mistakes and i asked my counselor to let me proofread it one last time but he said no and so we sent it in. after sending it in i read it one more time and saw a missing "a" and a false capital letter. is it worth it to email my college and notify them of the error and how it should actually be? this may sound extremely stupid to anyone reading this.
Also, is 3A*'s at A-level still autopool for natsci?
Original post by Student1256
What would the admission's team think of someone (applying for natsci)that sent in a personal statement with a couple of minor grammatical errors? ive been stressing about this a bit. in the final few moments while editing i accidentally left in a couple of grammatical mistakes and i asked my counselor to let me proofread it one last time but he said no and so we sent it in. after sending it in i read it one more time and saw a missing "a" and a false capital letter. is it worth it to email my college and notify them of the error and how it should actually be? this may sound extremely stupid to anyone reading this.
Also, is 3A*'s at A-level still autopool for natsci?

Don't worry about it, it won't make a material difference. I don't think the compulsory pooling requirements have been announced but I'm not aware that they have changed. Don't worry about these either, they're really not as important as TSR thinks.
Hi all,

Thanks for all your questions! I think that with two days to go until the UCAS deadline it is time to bring down the curtain on this thread. We can still be contacted email, by PM or tagged in threads but please be aware that we are likely to be busy over the next few months and unlikely to be able to help current applicants to other colleges. @Murray Edwards Admissions will be back in a few weeks to answer questions from and ease the anxieties of current applicants ahead of interviews.

If you have applied for one of the following subjects then you must register for a pre-interview assessment by Sunday 15th October.

Anglo-Saxon, Norse, and Celtic

Asian and Middle Eastern Studies

Economics

Engineering (including Chemical Engineering via Engineering)

English

Geography

History

History and Modern Languages

History and Politics

Human, Social, and Political Sciences

Medicine

Natural Sciences (including Chemical Engineering via Natural Sciences)

Psychological and Behavioural Sciences

Veterinary Medicine

[*]More information can be found on the University and Admissions Testing websites. If you’re having trouble registering see the Cambridge Assessment support page.

If you are having trouble applying at UCAS, see the UCAS website or seek advice from a teacher. Alternatively, the UCAS UG call centre for applicants which will be open from 10am 6pm on 15 October (0371 468 0 468 or +44 330 3330 230 from outside the UK).

If you need help with the Supplementary Application Questionnaire (SAQ) or have not yet received your SAQ login you can contact [email protected] bearing in mind that it can take a day or two for our system to give you access in the first place.
(edited 6 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending