VictoriaMcI
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I started my second job in London a week ago now. I landed this through Pareto Law. I had scattered my CV on various jobsites as you do when you're frantically looking for your next career move, in the hope that your dream job would call and there you go - you're sorted. Sadly, life just isn't that straight forward - however, I do consider myself lucky as my CV was found by Pareto. A young man called Jack called me, we had a chat and at the end he said he would like to invite me to an assessment day - as I had passed the telephone interview (yep, I had no idea I was interviewing either!). I had to decline the invite as I was still in full time employment, and didn't want to get caught up in loads of recruitment shenanigans. When I had completed my notice and was in the land of the unemployed, I decided I had nothing to loose by attending one of these assessments (really to see what all the fuss was about!). I arrived on Wednesday lunchtime, went through the process and was amazed by two things. The first one being how much I enjoyed the day and the second being the amount of networking I did whilst I was there. They completely re-aligned my impression of sales and encouraged me to continue down the sales route....

I am currently sitting at my desk in my new role, where the CEO of the company was on the panel of my presentation and ended up 'hand picking' me. That's the other thing about the assessment day - it's not just prospective candidates there it's the clients as well - which is a bigger bonus than you think.

As for my account manager at Pareto (Andy) he was consultative, honest and reliable throughout the process. I had several different interviews all with different agents from Pareto and I have to say the quality of the account manager really influenced my decision. Andy's attention to detail, communication and timely manner ensured that the process ran smoothly for me.

I couldn't recommend Pareto more highly. They were professional and considerate throughout the entire process.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (367)
84.17%
No (69)
15.83%

Watched Threads