salmahelt
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
An example of a 10 mark question in CIE AS level Psychology Paper 1 is:
Evaluate one of the studies listed below in terms of its contribution to the nature-nurture
debate.
Held and Hein (kitten carousel)
Bandura et al (aggression)
Nelson (children’s morals)
Examples of possible evaluation points in the marking scheme:
Held and Hein
• shows visually guided movement (paw placement) is determined by nurture
• ditto depth perception
• some perceptual skills are pure nature, e.g. visual pursuit, change in pupil size, paw placing
(on horizntal surface)
• but kittens are mobile much earlier than humans – are the findings generalisible?
My question is, how should I expand on these points? I'm finding that difficult because I'm not sure what would be considered relevant to talk about.
For example, for the first point should I talk about the steps that took place before it was conluded that visually guided paw placement is determined by nurture?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
ananyajoshi
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey, you start with the method, and the kind of method, the evaluation points that would have loopholes, such as apparatus, sampling techniques (unequal, gender bias, ethnocentric) they could be the limitations and then the controls (could be the strengths)

Hope that helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (104)
59.43%
Yes- I don't like it (9)
5.14%
No- I want it (50)
28.57%
No- I don't want it (12)