Applying as an individual whilst at uni help?!

Watch
vishnarliee
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am in my first year of uni however I wanted to study medicine but didn't get in originally, I didn't want to take a gap year so I took my back up but I whatnot reapply and then transfer at the end of this year, however I'm not sure how to put it into my personal statement and if I have to change my personal statement from last year?
any help would be great I'm panicking because the deadline is 15th of October
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by vishnarliee)
I am in my first year of uni however I wanted to study medicine but didn't get in originally, I didn't want to take a gap year so I took my back up but I whatnot reapply and then transfer at the end of this year, however I'm not sure how to put it into my personal statement and if I have to change my personal statement from last year?
any help would be great I'm panicking because the deadline is 15th of October
You've said you didn't get in originally, and you've previously asked about unis giving feedback after rejection. Why, therefore, would you want to re-use a personal statement when it clearly wasn't good enough to get you offers? So no, you don't have to change your personal statement - but if you want to give yourself the best chance of getting in, you really should change at least parts of it.
vishnarliee
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
You've said you didn't get in originally, and you've previously asked about unis giving feedback after rejection. Why, therefore, would you want to re-use a personal statement when it clearly wasn't good enough to get you offers? So no, you don't have to change your personal statement - but if you want to give yourself the best chance of getting in, you really should change at least parts of it.
I got feedback and none of it was about my personal statement, it was about meeting criteria because my ukcat wasn't so great last year. I was only asking about the whole plagiarism thing, if I had to write an entire new one or if I could edit my existing one, as I need to mention that I'm studying at uni, but Im not sure how to work it in
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.58%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (799)
42.12%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (376)
19.82%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (85)
4.48%

Watched Threads