Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

falsely accused of sexual assault Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    so long story short bc of complications - a girl, because of various reasons, has accused me of sexual assault. i didn't assault her. she's got 7 of her friends to make witness statements against me to the school.

please help. i'm on the edge.

ReputationRep:
    Were where you at the alleged time of the assault?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1anonymous1)
    so long story short bc of complications - a girl, because of various reasons, has accused me of sexual assault. i didn't assault her. she's got 7 of her friends to make witness statements against me to the school.

Best thing I can suggest in this situation is to try get an allabi of sorts. Possibly proving to them that at the time of the "assult" that you weren't near them or ask for their story and try show discrepancies in it. Also, mention that if 7 people were near her in that situation then why didn't they help? An example of a decent allabi is possibly your search history. Like, if you were at home during the time of this thing then take a screen cap of your search history to show you were at home. Thing is, its a really risky thing to do from the girls as if they're found to be lying then they all can get into deep trouble as the police will be involved etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radioactivedecay)
    Were where you at the alleged time of the assault?
    in the canteen place - same place as her.

(Original post by Relentas)
    Best thing I can suggest in this situation is to try get an allabi of sorts. Possibly proving to them that at the time of the "assault" that you weren't near them or ask for their story and try show discrepancies in it. Also, mention that if 7 people were near her in that situation then why didn't they help? An example of a decent allabi is possibly your search history. Like, if you were at home during the time of this thing then take a screen cap of your search history to show you were at home. Thing is, its a really risky thing to do from the girls as if they're found to be lying then they all can get into deep trouble as the police will be involved etc.
    i was in the same place as her, unfortunately.

ReputationRep:

If she is falsely accusing you then the school must take in some claims from both sides of the story surely they wouldn't just punish you straight away. Also if she feels like it was sexual assault for whatever reason you should probably try to talk to her and say how its a misunderstanding

ReputationRep:
    i was in the same place as her, unfortunately.
    From this it seems to show you know exactly what they've told the school, this is something the school wouldnt allow and so this is a troll thread I assume.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Relentas)
    From this it seems to show you know exactly what they've told the school, this is something the school wouldnt allow and so this is a troll thread I assume.
    this genuinely isn't a troll thread. i know what the school was told through rumour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wise)
    If she is falsely accusing you then the school must take in some claims from both sides of the story surely they wouldn't just punish you straight away. Also if she feels like it was sexual assault for whatever reason you should probably try to talk to her and say how its a misunderstanding
    too scared to

ReputationRep:
    What I would do is talk, privately, with whoever is investigating your case and argue your innocence but also tell them to talk to each of the 7 seven alleged witness privately and, if as you say shes falsely accusing you, then theres bound to be discrepencies in their stories as its hard for 7 different people to stick to the same story, someone is bound to mess up

ReputationRep:
    Get witnesses on your side. What did she accuse you of specifically?

ReputationRep:

Sexual assault is a serious allegation. Your school will not immediately believe her without getting your side of the story. If you are really worried you can go to a law advice centre and get some advice. Most law advice centres are free and a lot of university law departments run them.

If her and her friends try and take this to court, and they are caught lying, they can be prosecuted for perverting the course of justice. So I doubt they will be stupid enough to try and do this.

ReputationRep:
    this genuinely isn't a troll thread. i know what the school was told through rumour.
    well then you dont "know" then do you? Still, all the girls would have to go into different rooms and tell close/exactly the same story to the same teacher, and with no evidence then they cant really prove its you, all they have is numbers and even then, its your word vs theirs which wouldnt hold up in a court. I'd say you're fine tbh.

ReputationRep:
    too scared to
    Well what actually happened??
    • Very Important Poster

Get a solicitor.

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/for-the...sues/criminal/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by constantine2016)
    Your school will not immediately believe her without getting your side of the story.
    This just isn't true, look at all the times people have been expelled from schools/universities due to false assault claims.

Dude, lawyer up. Seriously. If you don't, you'll be defenseless as the girl, her friends, and the school go to town and crap all over you.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe you're in some deep **** know my friend

ReputationRep:
    Was there any CCTV in the area? And if I'm being honest, I don't think they'd all risk doing this if you didn't actually do something to her. Please be honest, did you physically interact with her at all in the canteen? Even touching a person can be seen as being sexual assault these days......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElAshtonio)
    Was there any CCTV in the area? And if I'm being honest, I don't think they'd all risk doing this if you didn't actually do something to her. Please be honest, did you physically interact with her at all in the canteen? Even touching a person can be seen as being sexual assault these days......
    There have been numerous cases where people have lied for a friend and school kids are probably much more likely to do something like that. He could have touched her accidently though, as that happens a lot in crowded spaces.

What exactly is the allegation? What do you think her motive might be?

ReputationRep:
    Stand your ground, threaten to take it to court and remind her and her friends that you can be sent to prison for making false accusations like that

ReputationRep:
    Being accused of carrying out a sexual assault in a school canteen in front of multiple witnesses does sound a little unusual but it could be very serious. Has the school or police spoken to you? What exactly have they said? Do you know what exactly you're being accused of? Have you given them your version of events? Is there anyone else who can back up your version of events?

These might be questions to discuss with your parents or potentially a lawyer.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.