Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So I want to find out if I can recover some snapchat photos and instant messages from around a month ago from my phone. I have an iPhone 7, and I've been using Snapchat since. I've been trying to find out online and I know someone managed to find a file containing videos a few years back. There's a lot of posts claiming if you download some kind of software it'll recover the messages and photos as simple as that although I'm not falling for that so easy. So basically I want to know if I can recover the snaps and messages and if so how? And if not why not if anybody knows thank you
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I want to find out if I can recover some snapchat photos and instant messages from around a month ago from my phone. I have an iPhone 7, and I've been using Snapchat since. I've been trying to find out online and I know someone managed to find a file containing videos a few years back. There's a lot of posts claiming if you download some kind of software it'll recover the messages and photos as simple as that although I'm not falling for that so easy. So basically I want to know if I can recover the snaps and messages and if so how? And if not why not if anybody knows thank you
    You want to recover them from your Snapchat account or your camera roll? If it's from your Snapchat account, then it cannot be done, even through iCloud backups.

This thread should be in the Tech forum. I'll just tag AngryJellyfish to get this moved over there

ReputationRep:
    I've seen a lot of posts over the internet saying that they can be recovered from your device? The messages and photos and I saw a video showing someone finding a place for old snapchat videos so I know they're stored on the phone. I looked this up and found a lot of posts about how photos and messages can be recovered on iOS device I'm wondering if any of its true and if I could recover anything with the software? I also want to know when the cache empties so if it's been a month has it likely been overwritten? And thank you sorry new to this

ReputationRep:
    Using data recovery software?? Would that bring up messages and photos from snapchat

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.