The Student Room Group

do supermarkets advertise their christmas temp jobs online or somewhere else?

just wondering if supermarkets (tesco and sainsburys in particular) advertise their christmas temp jobs online like they would with normal vacancies or if they are advertised somewhere else cause i never see any on their careers websites?
Reply 1
Tesco/Sainsburys are online. You can see them on Indeed (I think Sainsburys tends to close on Indeed pretty fast). I'm not sure with Sainsburys, but Tesco says 'temporary' so I'm guessing that's the Xmas one.

Make an account here: https://apply.tesco-careers.com/members/ And on the dashboard there should be some jobs near where you are so you can apply or there should be a little thing at the bottom with people applying to similar jobs

Sainsburys is on here: https://sainsburys.jobs/login?ReturnUrl=%2fcandidate-management%2fmanage Login and search jobs there although there were times when I couldn't find the job from Indeed and needed to use the Indeed link to apply.
Reply 2
Original post by Mokona
Tesco/Sainsburys are online. You can see them on Indeed (I think Sainsburys tends to close on Indeed pretty fast). I'm not sure with Sainsburys, but Tesco says 'temporary' so I'm guessing that's the Xmas one.

Make an account here: https://apply.tesco-careers.com/members/ And on the dashboard there should be some jobs near where you are so you can apply or there should be a little thing at the bottom with people applying to similar jobs

Sainsburys is on here: https://sainsburys.jobs/login?ReturnUrl=%2fcandidate-management%2fmanage Login and search jobs there although there were times when I couldn't find the job from Indeed and needed to use the Indeed link to apply.

i have accounts for both and check the websites regularly but there never are any temp ones, which is weird cause over the summer when i was shopping in my local tesco i saw several staff members with the 'seasonal colleague' shirts on and at the time i was looking for a job there and never saw any temp ones advertised, just don't know where those ones were advertised. bit weird thats all.

i suppose it is still september and temp for christmas might not have been advertised yet. not many temp jobs in my area have been advertised yet
Reply 3
Original post by tgwktm
i have accounts for both and check the websites regularly but there never are any temp ones, which is weird cause over the summer when i was shopping in my local tesco i saw several staff members with the 'seasonal colleague' shirts on and at the time i was looking for a job there and never saw any temp ones advertised, just don't know where those ones were advertised. bit weird thats all.

i suppose it is still september and temp for christmas might not have been advertised yet. not many temp jobs in my area have been advertised yet

That's weird :C
I see temp jobs at a Tesco near me. Maybe you can ask a staff in store?
Reply 4
Original post by Mokona
That's weird :C
I see temp jobs at a Tesco near me. Maybe you can ask a staff in store?

i could but i know tesco do everything online these days so i would probably just be ignored. i have 2 applications for permanent positions out there for tesco atm, i just know that it is easier to get temp work.
Reply 5
Original post by tgwktm
i could but i know tesco do everything online these days so i would probably just be ignored. i have 2 applications for permanent positions out there for tesco atm, i just know that it is easier to get temp work.

Yeah, they do stuff online. Good luck for the applications \o/ I've had interviews from a bunch of Tescos around if you need help just ask.
Reply 6
Original post by Mokona
Yeah, they do stuff online. Good luck for the applications \o/ I've had interviews from a bunch of Tescos around if you need help just ask.

i've just looked on tescos careers website and there is a banner saying that 'festive colleague recruitment opens soon' not sure when 'soon' is but at least i know where to look now.
I've applied to tesco in the past and had 2 interviews for 2 jobs but didn't get further than that. customer assistant interviews at my tesco are group interviews now, its something they are trying out with their application process. I felt both interviews went well, honestly can't think of how i can improve them. I have improved my application though- last time i only wrote a small paragraph for the personal summary part. this time i wrote a full statement and it looks much better. this is due to me having plenty of practice over the past 3 months as i have been trying to find any sort of job really. I've also been applying to admin roles, again got an interview but nothing more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending