The Student Room Group
happieva
Hello,guys!!
Thanks lots first!!

I got accepted by the university of nottingham to study electrical and electronic engineering this year, is it possible to switch to one of those good universities in london such as ucl or ic after my first year/term there?

WHAT?!!! The university of nottingham is excellent at engineering. I suggest you get your head check and/or stop being a troll.
Reply 2
You can only transfer if the modules in the first year are exactly the same or very similar I think...even then it gets pretty complicated. What's wrong with Nottingham?!
Reply 3
Maybe he meant Nottingham trent
Reply 4
happieva
Hello,guys!!
Thanks lots first!!

I got accepted by the university of nottingham to study electrical and electronic engineering this year, is it possible to switch to one of those good universities in london such as ucl or ic after my first year/term there?

UCL and other UoL colleges do not allow transfers into the 2nd year of their degree programs, so it is likely you will have to repeat the 1st year again.

Also, you need to carefully think through your reasons for wanting to switch, as the fact a uni is perceived as "good" does not mean it will be right for you.
Reply 5
LondonCynic
Maybe he meant Nottingham trent

Nottingham Trent is still a good uni
Reply 6
happieva
Hello,guys!!
Thanks lots first!!

:rolleyes:

no.
Reply 7
I know its possible - a friend of my brother swapped from Warwick to IC during first year to study E.E.E., but i dont know how to go about it. If you REALLY want it, first thing to do is call the admissions at IC or UCL i think, and find out how to go about changing.

Latest

Trending

Trending