In the average biology BSc degree, how many mandatory books are you required to read?

Watch
blurryskies
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
generally how many do you have to read to understand the degree well?

if you have time, how many biology related books do you read for further study?

I'm asking because I have a serious problem with extremes, I either want to know all of it or nothing (this can't work with bio as you know) so I'm trying to calculate how many books I'd need to read to have a degree level proficiency in each sub sector of biology as I don't want to be limited to biotech due to my degree choice. I plan to apply this after and/or during my BSc. I want to understand biotech, genetics, microbiology, biomed, biochem, neuroscience and others to all the same degree, so how many books will that take
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by blurryskies)
generally how many do you have to read to understand the degree well?

if you have time, how many biology related books do you read for further study?

I'm asking because I have a serious problem with extremes, I either want to know all of it or nothing (this can't work with bio as you know) so I'm trying to calculate how many books I'd need to read to have a degree level proficiency in each sub sector of biology as I don't want to be limited to biotech due to my degree choice. I plan to apply this after and/or during my BSc. I want to understand biotech, genetics, microbiology, biomed, biochem, neuroscience and others to all the same degree, so how many books will that take
I don't think I've ever read any books from start to finish. You pick up bits and pieces from various different texts based on how they explain things in order to understand the basic concepts and supplement what you hear about in lectures. The main thing is to apply what you know to solve problems and do lab work.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (275)
34.03%
No (533)
65.97%

Watched Threads