The Student Room Group

EPQ ideas for Medical student

hey guys, so i want to study medicine at uni but don't know which question to do as my peg. Can someone pls tell me which one to pick. I have 3 questions:

1. Should the NHS be limited to UK citizens only?
2. Should the NHS be privatised?
3. should weed be legalised?

Or if you have any other ideas on what I should do my EPQ on, can u pls suggest them???? thanks.
I'd do 2. 'Should the NHS be privatised?'. Always a hot topic and you are able to talk about it at interview. I did mine on Face Transplants.
Original post by imann
hey guys, so i want to study medicine at uni but don't know which question to do as my peg. Can someone pls tell me which one to pick. I have 3 questions:

Or if you have any other ideas on what I should do my EPQ on, can u pls suggest them???? thanks.

If you're going to choose 3, I don't recommend using the word weed. Lmao
Whichever one interests you most. As long as you mentioned both sides you should be okay.
Original post by imann

1) seems very interesting in terms of there being a potential conflict with like the duties of doctors, argument of whether everyone has a right to free healthcare, healthcare tourism etc
2) is a hot topic, need i say more
3) although you probably have purely medical intentions, makes you seem like a bit of a druggie
Original post by Big Papa
If you're going to choose 3, I don't recommend using the word weed. Lmao

xD
Reply 6
They're all interesting questions, although 2 and 3 are very broad and I think you would struggle to answer them effectively unless you narrowed the scope a little bit (there was actually another thread addressing that exact issue with question 2 a couple of days ago, I'll see if I can find it).
Second topic, it will be complex though, with debates between different hospital departments to become privatised etc, emergency departments, drugs on prescription, pregnancy treatment etc. But i guess that's what you have 5000 words for.

If you want advice, feel free to ask, I did mine last year and got full marks on a medical topic (trying to say it in a non bragging way but it's hard on tsr). Anyway, mine was on cystic fibrosis and I did get to dabble with the nhs vs. private treatment topic.
What was your cystic fibrosis epq specifically on?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending