Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Anyone else feels this way? It's funny how we are supposingly an intelligent species yet we lose our minds and act on sexual instincts more often than not. Our subconcious need to reproduce and pass on our genes to our offsprings with the best possible mate out there is laughable. The act of sexual intercourse itself is very primitive. Let's not go into details, I'm sure you understand. So what are your thoughts on this?

ReputationRep:
    Ayyy bruh if u horny u horny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Anyone else feels this way? It's funny how we are supposingly an intelligent species yet we lose our minds and act on sexual instincts more often than not. Our subconcious need to reproduce and pass on our genes to our offsprings with the best possible mate out there is laughable. The act of sexual intercourse itself is very primitive. Let's not go into details, I'm sure you understand. So what are your thoughts on this?
    I'd say I agree, you can go from doing physics equations to moving your hand back and forward in an instant. I personally dislike how we have these feelings as it defo makes us less productive, however its needed for the species to live so. ya. sex is good but its bad.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by 581371)
    Ayyy bruh if u horny u horny
    Pretty much😂

ReputationRep:
    how can you say it is laughable, not only the obvious reason that you're here because of sex, but also our species has only become this intelligent through sex. The need to pass on genes is the basis of life, such a fundamental concept of reproduction is not something that is trivial. An intelligent species would, in theory have as many sexual partners as possible in order to produce the maximum number of offspring possible. that would make for an incredibly successful organism. You saying sex is primitive is like saying life is random... duh. if sex/reproduction wasn't primitive, there would be no life.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Relentas)
    I'd say I agree, you can go from doing physics equations to moving your hand back and forward in an instant. I personally dislike how we have these feelings as it defo makes us less productive, however its needed for the species to live so. ya. sex is good but its bad.
    But moving your hand back and forward is masturbation not sex😂 But yes same concept, still the same hormonal release and urge to reproduce applies.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by cormacpaul)
    how can you say it is laughable, not only the obvious reason that you're here because of sex, but also our species has only become this intelligent through sex. The need to pass on genes is the basis of life, such a fundamental concept of reproduction is not something that is trivial. An intelligent species would, in theory have as many sexual partners as possible in order to produce the maximum number of offspring possible. that would make for an incredibly successful organism. You saying sex is primitive is like saying life is random... duh. if sex/reproduction wasn't primitive, there would be no life.
    Yes never said sex is not necessary. No one would be here without it😂 But it is very primitive. I'm kind of wondering why the process of reproduction hasn't evolved in some way

ReputationRep:
    At the end of the day, we are all animals that just happen to be smarter than other animals, but that does not mean we leave behind our carnal instincts, heck, 5000 years ago all we were probably doing would be eating, ****ing, sleeping and repeat
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by JDieMstr)
    At the end of the day, we are all animals that just happen to be smarter than other animals, but that does not mean we leave behind our carnal instincts, heck, 5000 years ago all we were probably doing would be eating, ****ing, sleeping and repeat
    People like that still exist😂😂 in large numbers

ReputationRep:
    Yes never said sex is not necessary. No one would be here without it😂 But it is very primitive. I'm kind of wondering why the process of reproduction hasn't evolved in some way
    Yea, I guess so. Tbh its kinda devolved in a way, womans hips are smaller and stuff meaning they get injured more when they give birth. I guess we got stronger babies in a way?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I don't.
    I don't think that's the reason. I mean, if it was, then I must be defective somehow, lol (same goes for all gay people). I think it's purely about pleasure. It feels good, that's why we are drawn to it.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Relentas)
    Yea, I guess so. Tbh its kinda devolved in a way, womans hips are smaller and stuff meaning they get injured more when they give birth. I guess we got stronger babies in a way?
    Women's hips are generally larger than men's hips:lolwut: But yes men are generally stronger than women. Because the male had to provide food and shelter for his family back in the day, and still in our current era too most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    People like that still exist😂😂 in large numbers
    ah, how I envy them, wish I had such libido....sometimes I feel like I am asexual because how I do not feel sexually attracted to most women that, logically speaking, are hot af/10 out of 10/sexy goddess?

ReputationRep:
    Define how it's primitive, relative to what?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Nope, I don't.
    I don't think that's the reason. I mean, if it was, then I must be defective somehow, lol (same goes for all gay people). I think it's purely about pleasure. It feels good, that's why we are drawn to it.
    But still, being a slave to pleasure shows we are actually not very intelligent. We can't resist basic animalistic instincts for prolonged periods of time.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by JDieMstr)
    ah, how I envy them, wish I had such libido....sometimes I feel like I am asexual because how I do not feel sexually attracted to most women that, logically speaking, are hot af/10 out of 10/sexy goddess?
    Wanna swap? I'm horny 24/7😂

ReputationRep:
    Wanna swap? I'm horny 24/7😂
    Actually, would not mind at all. I have a decent body and average face so maybe, just maybe, it could potentially be useful to me soon

ReputationRep:
    I'm not so sure, really. The most primitive versions of humans mated out of instinct to pass on their genes. Modern humans are much more inclined to seek pure pleasure, and sex is just one of those pleasures. Same way that we get cravings for certain types of food that our body doesn't really need or substances that our body definitely doesn't need, and we feel like we have to fulfil those cravings otherwise we'll go insane.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Define how it's primitive, relative to what?
    Relative to the modern civilisation and world we live in. Penetrating an orifice because "it feels good"

ReputationRep:
    But still, being a slave to pleasure shows we are actually not very intelligent. We can't resist basic animalistic instincts for prolonged periods of time.
    It's not like we are complete slaves to it. Some people can resist it. Like some priests or monks. I will never understand them. Why do that when it feels so good.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.