The Student Room Group

ucas help

i am retaking psychology and politics - both of which i got a C and am hoping to get the gradfe to an A - i am retaking independently and therefore am confused as to when i apply to university and wheather or not they will understand that i am retaking the two C grades
i am remarking my sociology as i was one mark of an A - if it does not go up then I will also be retaking sociology
my question is how do I apply to uni; would I need to make a new ucas account and how would the uni know that I am retaking the subjects?
i am applying to unis with entry requirement of AAA or AAB
please reply as soon as possible and thank you for your help and advice
Reply 1
Original post by reem1234
i am retaking psychology and politics - both of which i got a C and am hoping to get the gradfe to an A - i am retaking independently and therefore am confused as to when i apply to university and wheather or not they will understand that i am retaking the two C grades
i am remarking my sociology as i was one mark of an A - if it does not go up then I will also be retaking sociology
my question is how do I apply to uni; would I need to make a new ucas account and how would the uni know that I am retaking the subjects?
i am applying to unis with entry requirement of AAA or AAB
please reply as soon as possible and thank you for your help and advice

Yes, you need a new UCAS account. You need to input all the information like you did before, which includes a personal statement and reference. Unis will know tht you're resitting because you put that on the UCAS form - you enter your previous achieved grades, and then new grades as pending.
Reply 2
[QUOTE="Juno;73898844"]Yes, you need a new UCAS account. You need to input all the information like you did before, which includes a personal statement and reference. Unis will know tht you're resitting because you put that on the UCAS form - you enter your previous achieved grades, and then new grades as pending.[/QUOTE

thank you for your reply and help; would i need to contact my old school carrers adviser for a reference? also is their any point in applying to unis with such high grade boundaries, when my alvel resuts before resits were quite low?
Reply 3
Original post by reem1234
Original post by Juno
Yes, you need a new UCAS account. You need to input all the information like you did before, which includes a personal statement and reference. Unis will know tht you're resitting because you put that on the UCAS form - you enter your previous achieved grades, and then new grades as pending.

thank you for your reply and help; would i need to contact my old school carrers adviser for a reference? also is their any point in applying to unis with such high grade boundaries, when my alvel resuts before resits were quite low?

You'll need an academic reference as you've only just left education. So yes, this is most likely your old school. Contact the school and see what they say.

If you're not resitting, you're unlikely to get offers from unis they want higher grades then you've achieved. If you're really keen on a uni then it can be worth choosing one or two higher options. But only do this if you're happy with the possibility of rejection.

Quick Reply

Latest