Samley217
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,
I am hoping to become a mature student but am confuse by student finance documentation.
I am planning to apply for an allied health profession degree in audiology as my second degree.
Allied health profession courses no longer use an NHS bursary but you can apparently apply for another student loan instead. However, the guidance with listed courses this applies to does not include audiology. Has this just been missed off or does this no longer qualify as an allied health profession course?
I could not afford to study this if that was the case...
Any ideas??
Thanks!!!
Louise E SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Samley217)
Hi,
I am hoping to become a mature student but am confuse by student finance documentation.
I am planning to apply for an allied health profession degree in audiology as my second degree.
Allied health profession courses no longer use an NHS bursary but you can apparently apply for another student loan instead. However, the guidance with listed courses this applies to does not include audiology. Has this just been missed off or does this no longer qualify as an allied health profession course?
I could not afford to study this if that was the case...
Any ideas??
Thanks!!!
Hi Samley217,

I have checked the list of Allied health profession courses and NHS courses and Audiology is no longer listed as an Allied health profession course for 2017/18 .
So it would not be classed as an exception course and we would not be able to fund this as a second degree.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (10)
5.43%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (101)
54.89%
No (73)
39.67%

Watched Threads