Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HELP Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I just finished my IGCSE and I got a D in English, idk how. Most UK schools require you to have at least a C in English. What should i do?
    Should I do some external exams the uni offers or a redo

ReputationRep:
    retake it in college ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    retake it in college ?
    the thing is that i want to go straight to uni. not college. Im doing IB btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IssaMEME)
    the thing is that i want to go straight to uni. not college. Im doing IB btw
    ok i'm confused , don't you do IB in college not at secondary school , right ?

ReputationRep:
    ok i'm confused , don't you do IB in college not at secondary school , right ?
    Im doing it in secondary school.

ReputationRep:
    Im doing it in secondary school.
    didn't even know that was possible

ReputationRep:
    didn't even know that was possible
    What would you do if you were in my situation? I really want to study at a good school, but my D in english will prevent me from doing that.
    I got a B in english lit. and i got a D in englihs because my teacher was horrible

ReputationRep:
    What would you do if you were in my situation? I really want to study at a good school, but my D in english will prevent me from doing that.
    I got a B in english lit. and i got a D in englihs because my teacher was horrible
    ok so to sum up your situation , u just finished yr 11 doing IB and want to got study at uni..... at 16 , i think there's something not quite right here

ReputationRep:
    ok so to sum up your situation , u just finished yr 11 doing IB and want to got study at uni..... at 16 , i think there's something not quite right here
    No no no, I just finished my IGCSe, im starting my IB and im thinking about my uni choices now. sorry about the confusion
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    No no no, I just finished my IGCSe, im starting my IB and im thinking about my uni choices now. sorry about the confusion
    Resitting IGCSE English is your only option if you are in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
    Resitting IGCSE English is your only option if you are in the UK.
    I am not in the UK, i live in the EU. Some unis accept IELTS scores. Can that be an option for me?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I am not in the UK, i live in the EU. Some unis accept IELTS scores. Can that be an option for me?
    In theory yes, but EU applicants are counted like UK ones, so you probably have to resit. I'd reccomend asking Unis if they would accept IELTS scores in your case.

ReputationRep:
    oh ok , the best advice i have for you is to ask your college about retakes for language , if they dont have any retake exam spaces available just re sit it as a private candidate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
    In theory yes, but EU applicants are counted like UK ones, so you probably have to resit. I'd reccomend asking Unis if they would accept IELTS scores in your case.
    I cannot thank you enough for this advice. Thanks a lot bro, hope to see you around here Have an amazing week

ReputationRep:
    oh ok , the best advice i have for you is to ask your college about retakes for language , if they dont have any retake exam spaces available just re sit it as a private candidate
    Thank you so much for the advice, it helped a lot. Have a great week dude

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for the advice, it helped a lot. Have a great week dude
    and yourself , gl with your retake aswell

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.