Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't know what is best Watch

Announcements

I fell for a guy a few years ago but walked away as 'friends' told me bad things about him, it turns out it was lies because they wanted to date him. I would see him out but not speak to him but after a few years I made amends with him as it killed me not speaking to him and my feelings were still there. This summer we have got close again and he has dropped many hints that he is still interested but I am shy and have not said to him how I feel.

A week ago we all went for a weekend with a meetup group. My guy was there but I ended up meeting another guy on the trip who was very nice and I had a good laugh and it felt more natural with him. Unfortunately I kind of distanced myself from the second guy at the Saturday night party as he was trying to get to know me but my first love interest was there so I ended up not speaking to either of them as I did not want either watching me.

I have not seen the second guy since and I was leaving the trip I could tell he really wanted to see me again. I regret now not giving him a chance. The first guy I have such strong feelings for and I did not think it was fair to lead the second one on. My first guy though I recently found out from his brother that he has a drink problem.

Whilst I adore this guy I don't think I can talk on an alcoholic. What should I do? Should I confess my feelings to the first or go for the second?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I fell for a guy a few years ago but walked away as 'friends' told me bad things about him, it turns out it was lies because they wanted to date him. I would see him out but not speak to him but after a few years I made amends with him as it killed me not speaking to him and my feelings were still there. This summer we have got close again and he has dropped many hints that he is still interested but I am shy and have not said to him how I feel.

A week ago we all went for a weekend with a meetup group. My guy was there but I ended up meeting another guy on the trip who was very nice and I had a good laugh and it felt more natural with him. Unfortunately I kind of distanced myself from the second guy at the Saturday night party as he was trying to get to know me but my first love interest was there so I ended up not speaking to either of them as I did not want either watching me.

I have not seen the second guy since and I was leaving the trip I could tell he really wanted to see me again. I regret now not giving him a chance. The first guy I have such strong feelings for and I did not think it was fair to lead the second one on. My first guy though I recently found out from his brother that he has a drink problem.

Whilst I adore this guy I don't think I can talk on an alcoholic. What should I do? Should I confess my feelings to the first or go for the second?
    You've fallen into the trap of listening to what others are saying about people. Do you have any actual proof that person 1 has a drink problem?
    Without proof then I would ignore it.

That said, there's no need to rush into a relationship. Can you not hang out as friends with these people separately and see how you feel then?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's case of 'Yes, But No, But, Yes, But, No' etc.

Stop the comparisons between the two.

Talk to both of them. It's perfectly fine. Go on dates with both of them if it happens (separately, obviously). Then when you have chose, let the other go.
    Maximise your levels of success.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salma26)
    I think it's case of 'Yes, But No, But, Yes, But, No' etc.

Stop the comparisons between the two.

Talk to both of them. It's perfectly fine. Go on dates with both of them if it happens (separately, obviously). Then when you have chose, let the other go.
    Maximise your levels of success.
    To add to this, take them both to the third date.

You need to know all the available information about them before you make your choice.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.