Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Forearm hurts when I barbell curl? Watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    So lately I focused on improving my curl. I managed to get to 1 plate for reps (not in the squat rack I'm not a douche, took the bar to the curl rack), but after I let go of the bar I feel like my left forearm will snap off or some sh**! It hurts and burns like crazy. Is this sign of an injury? It doesn't feel like a pump, bad pain for sure
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    So lately I focused on improving my curl. I managed to get to 1 plate for reps (not in the squat rack I'm not a douche, took the bar to the curl rack), but after I let go of the bar I feel like my left forearm will snap off or some sh**! It hurts and burns like crazy. Is this sign of an injury? It doesn't feel like a pump, bad pain for sure
    Where does the pain go to?
    Is it medial side of elbow? Or what...
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unistudent77)
    Where does the pain go to?
    Is it medial side of elbow? Or what...
    It's not in the elbow. It's the forearm bone or something. It's like this pic, excluding the elbow. Only hurts when I let go of the bar at the end of the set.
    Name:  IMG_1446.JPG
Views: 22
Size:  18.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    It's similar to tennis elbow or tendonitis, I used to get it as well from doing preacher curls. I basically just stopped doing them for a while and used dumbbells instead. Look up some forearm/wrist/bicep stretches on YouTube

ReputationRep:
    If you felt or heard a breaking sound then you've definitely broken something in you. See a doctor
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    If you felt or heard a breaking sound then you've definitely broken something in you. See a doctor
    It's not that extreme. Never heard any breaking nor felt it. Just really bad inflamation of the foream only. Refer to the picture I posted above in this thread, but ignore the elbow part, my elbow is fine

ReputationRep:
    That's what you get for being a burrito.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TajwarC)
    It's similar to tennis elbow or tendonitis, I used to get it as well from doing preacher curls. I basically just stopped doing them for a while and used dumbbells instead. Look up some forearm/wrist/bicep stretches on YouTube
    Hmmm, even though my elbow doesn't hurt? & Thanks will do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Appleorpear)
    That's what you get for being a burrito.
    And for liking Trump.

Spoiler:
    Show

-I'll stop-
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cc85734)
    And for liking Trump.

Spoiler:
    Show

-I'll stop-

Who says I like Trump? Jeez...

ReputationRep:
    Who says I like Trump? Jeez...
    Profile pic

I was joking. I make jokes that no one understands and only I find funny. Awkward irl oh well
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cc85734)
    Profile pic

I was joking. I make jokes that no one understands and only I find funny. Awkward irl oh well
    So you just jumped to conclusions then. It's okay because me too😎 I also laugh at my own jokes cause I'm hilarious, others don't know it yet though
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    It's not in the elbow. It's the forearm bone or something. It's like this pic, excluding the elbow. Only hurts when I let go of the bar at the end of the set.
    Name:  IMG_1446.JPG
Views: 22
Size:  18.5 KB
    Not a physio and never had the injury so can't really help.

I suggest avoiding the exercise or reducing the weight used and focus on forearm exercises to fix any imbalance.

Stretch out your wrists too. See a physio if it persists
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unistudent77)
    Not a physio and never had the injury so can't really help.

I suggest avoiding the exercise or reducing the weight used and focus on forearm exercises to fix any imbalance.

Stretch out your wrists too. See a physio if it persists
    Tbh my forearms are tiny compared to everything else. Grip ain't that strong either. I think it's just genetics. But I'll try isolate them more with lighter weights and also avoid heavy barbell curling for a while. Thank you

ReputationRep:

doesn't sound too good dude, lighten the load or have a longer rest days

If you keep going on like that ...eventually you'll damage something

ReputationRep:
    I had this problem when I first started working out, most likely a cause of tendonitis. Only way to remove it is to stop bicep training for a while and as some others have said, light weights. Also, I have and sometimes do curl around the squat rack.

ReputationRep:
    How many times you been jerking off?
    Very important factor
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enginerd.)
    I had this problem when I first started working out, most likely a cause of tendonitis. Only way to remove it is to stop bicep training for a while and as some others have said, light weights. Also, I have and sometimes do curl around the squat rack.
    You mean the curl rack *cough cough*
    Name:  IMG_1452.PNG
Views: 18
Size:  8.0 KB
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chewy suarez)
    How many times you been jerking off?
    Very important factor
    Bout tree fiddy

ReputationRep:
    You mean the curl rack *cough cough*
    Name:  IMG_1452.PNG
Views: 18
Size:  8.0 KB
    :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.