Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I had a natwest student credit card with a £500 limit (which I have used once and paid back straight away). I'm now a graduate so I think I'm able to ask for an increase. I basically only want to increase the limit so that I can rent a car on holiday, and the place I am looking to rent from needs £600 available on your credit card.
    My question is whether I should just ask for an increase to £600 or whether I might as well ask for a bit more, just in case I end up using a different company who needs more or something like that? Has anyone asked for an increase from their student credit card and any idea how much I can ask for without being rejected? (I realise that any advice given is not to be taken as gospel and it's my decision etc)
    I do have a good credit rating at the moment, and am earning money.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by dandylion1)
    I had a natwest student credit card with a £500 limit (which I have used once and paid back straight away). I'm now a graduate so I think I'm able to ask for an increase. I basically only want to increase the limit so that I can rent a car on holiday, and the place I am looking to rent from needs £600 available on your credit card.
    My question is whether I should just ask for an increase to £600 or whether I might as well ask for a bit more, just in case I end up using a different company who needs more or something like that? Has anyone asked for an increase from their student credit card and any idea how much I can ask for without being rejected? (I realise that any advice given is not to be taken as gospel and it's my decision etc)
    I do have a good credit rating at the moment, and am earning money.
    if you're now working, why not ask for a different type of credit card instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    if you're now working, why not ask for a different type of credit card instead?
    Yeah I suppose so, although I thought that asking for a 100-200 increase might be better/quicker than requesting a new credit card.
    Quicker would definitely be a plus as I'm leaving on 6th oct!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by dandylion1)
    Yeah I suppose so, although I thought that asking for a 100-200 increase might be better/quicker than requesting a new credit card.
    Quicker would definitely be a plus as I'm leaving on 6th oct!
    they can't tell you for sure without applying but you can call your bank and see what they think the best option is

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.