The Student Room Group

Another question about entry requirements

So I just wanted a bit of advice really, if I applied for a Mental Health Nursing degree for the 2018 intake with A-levels at C and D, AS level at B, and a HNC (all subjects non-science or social science related) and then 12 A-C grades GCSE's (including A in english, B in Maths and B in Science) and had related work experience as a Care Assistant, would I stand a chance of getting onto a course? As I am unsure how the HNC works in regards to UCAS Tarriff points.
Original post by hannahward08
So I just wanted a bit of advice really, if I applied for a Mental Health Nursing degree for the 2018 intake with A-levels at C and D, AS level at B, and a HNC (all subjects non-science or social science related) and then 12 A-C grades GCSE's (including A in english, B in Maths and B in Science) and had related work experience as a Care Assistant, would I stand a chance of getting onto a course? As I am unsure how the HNC works in regards to UCAS Tarriff points.

1. It depends where you apply.Some are tougher to get into than others.
2. HNC is non standard, but they are used to non standard applications. Just contact admissions or the course organiser and find out how it will be treated.
Original post by hannahward08

I'm not aware of any universities which allow entry with CD in your A Levels but your HNC may change things. Your best bet would be to email the universities you think you might be interested in and enquire as to whether your qualifications meet their minimum academic requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending