Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm so stressed I can't breath - what can I do? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Recently everything has been getting way on top of me

- I had a bulimia diagnosis last week but refused help from eating disorder services because I'm not ready. Nobody but my mum knows even then I didn't tell her it was bulimia
    - I'm in a horribly complicated relationship that the whole school knows about and is judging me for
    - I have to apply to so many dance colleges in the next few weeks and I'm no where near ready
    - I have a mountain of school work that I don't have time to do being out at dance each night until 8pm on average
    - I'm only getting 2 hours a week at my work so need to find a new job soon because I'm completely broke and need new stuff for dance
    - I feel ill 24/ 7
    - My friends are all falling out and I feel so lonely
    - I keep getting in trouble at school from teachers I trusted , today one called me a complete joke

who can I speak to about this pressure ? Is this something I could talk to my school about ?I don't know what to do I'm so stressed its making me utterly miserable
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by purplemaniacat)

- I had a bulimia diagnosis last week but refused help from eating disorder services because I'm not ready. Nobody but my mum knows even then I didn't tell her it was bulimia
    - I'm in a horribly complicated relationship that the whole school knows about and is judging me for
    - I have to apply to so many dance colleges in the next few weeks and I'm no where near ready
    - I have a mountain of school work that I don't have time to do being out at dance each night until 8pm on average
    - I'm only getting 2 hours a week at my work so need to find a new job soon because I'm completely broke and need new stuff for dance
    - I feel ill 24/ 7
    - I keep getting in trouble at school from teachers I trusted , today one called me a complete joke

who can I speak to about this pressure ? Is this something I could talk to my school about ?I don't know what to do I'm so stressed its making me utterly miserable
    Hiya

I've popped your thread into this forum so that you get the support you need asap:console:

Definitely talk to your school about it.:yes:

My personal advice (from my experience) is to never refuse help.:nope:

My best advice would be to take a step back and try to distance yourself from everything instead of feeling surrounded by it all.:yes:

I am sure that someone in this forum will be able to help you further.

Spoiler:
    Show
    On the off-chance that I've moved this to the wrong forum (which sometimes happens), someone else (better than me) may move your thread again. This is so that we can make sure that you get the right information!

ReputationRep:
    Breathe
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by purplemaniacat)

- I feel ill 24/ 7

At the moment you have a lot on your plate and things are going to fall apart unless you get help and talk to people.. You cant and shouldnt have to do it on your own.

All these symptoms are very common in dancers as it takes over your life and you strive for perfection , then get an unbalanced view of yourself and what you believe is expected. You need the help of an adult who will give you an honest view of your situation and to be realistic about what you can do in the next 2 weeks. You are trying to fit too much in and wont achieve it. Best prioritise and do what you can and then reorganise so you handle things better in future.

Plan

1. Find people to talk to.
    2. You can mend fences with your friendships, but imagine you are quite difficult at the moment, so apologise and put on hold. You need friends. Be aware because of the stress you are likely partly responsible.
    3. Put relationship on hold. It sounds a lot of hassle and a cause of stress. Take a break from it. It sounds unhelathy.
    4. Talk to a teacher and head of year. mention you have been under a lot of stress, need counseling, but you intend to turn school work round.
    5. Prioritise your dance applications, so you get the most important ones in. manage your time and get advice from careers if you need it. Just do the best you cna in the time left.
    6. Phone and talk to people below. Not everyone can help. The bulimia is a symptom of you mental health which is fed by self esteem issues and dance. Its very common. Its no doing you any favours and you need to be able to see this so you na deal with it. You have let it get out of perspective so your thinking is distorted.
    7. Your priority should be you and making yourself healthy and happy. You matter more than any of the above so start looking after yourself.

Its possible to deal with it all, but you cant do the impossible.

hang in there and take care.

Try these

Find a mentor or someone you can talk to

Does your school have a counselor? Teacher will do but you really need to talk and share to get rid of some of the stress. You are making yourself very ill.

Your education is for life and dance is only a small part of it (even though it may seem everything at the moment). Maybe you can find a dance mentor or even a mentor?
    http://www.danceadvantage.net/mentorship-in-dance/

Princes Trust might get you a mentor, even if its non dance. You just need someone who will tell you the truth about how to see things in perspective. Ask about mentors.

https://www.princes-trust.org.uk/contact-us

Try these some may help or may not.

Childline 0800 1111

https://youngminds.org.uk/find-help/conditions/anxiety/

Bulimia-
    If youve been diagnosed as bulimic, then presumably you are seeing your GP. Have you asked for counseling?
    BEAT
    https://www.b-eat.co.uk/support-services/helpline
    Youthline: 0808 801 0711 365 days a year: 3pm-10pm

Anxiety and stress

The Mix

Helpline: 0808 808 4994

www.themix.org.uk

http://www.themix.org.uk/search/stress - Stress

https://www.nopanic.org.uk/youth-helpline/

Youth Helpline 0330 606 1174 (For 13 to 20 year olds, open 3pm to 6pm Monday to Friday, Landline rates apply)

https://www.anxietyuk.org.uk/our-ser...e-and-anxiety/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.