Male to female ratio at the stoke on trent campus Watch

James385
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
This isn't a huge issue. But one thing i have noticed while starting my journey at staffs the last week is that on the stoke on trent campus there seems to be a lot more guys then girls. Even at local club nights there I see men out number girls easily 4:1...
I was told that the gender ratio is 50:50. I also noticed that there seems to be a lot of computing courses at staffordshire and also the midwifery/nursing courses seem to be on another campus.
StaffsUniMaxie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey there!
I don't have access to any official stats on the gender ratio on campus, but I can contact the Union and see if they know if you like?
But from my experience, I wouldn't say there's too much of a huge difference. My course is a sort of male-targeted subject (Cartoon & Comic Arts), but I'd say our class has sightly more girls to guys. So, while there are more games and computing courses on the Stoke campus now, I think the ratio in these courses is a lot less extreme than you'd imagine. And we still have courses like Surface Pattern, Fashion and Psychology that tend to attract more girls than guys.
I've not noticed a huge difference in the amount of girls and guys around.
Hope this gives you a lil more info on the subject!
- Gee
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    All except Paramedic Science, Midwifery and Paramedic Science - Stoke campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
    Nursing and Midwifery, Operating Department Practice and Paramedic courses - Stafford campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Nov '19
    Nursing and Midwifery, Operating Department Practice and Paramedic courses - Stafford campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 24 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
67.47%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.69%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
10.84%

Watched Threads