Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

It's my 21st birthday today and I'm lonely Watch

ReputationRep:
    - I don't have any friends (and yes, I'm not just saying that. I am not in contact with anyone)
    - My family do not celebrate birthdays
    - I do wish I had a good night out etc. but I feel kinda awkward going out just on my own

ReputationRep:
    Happy birthday!

You are never alone online. <3

If you ever have children, remember how alone you felt and let them celebrate their birthdays the best you can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EveeyBean)
    Happy birthday!

You are never alone online. <3

If you ever have children, remember how alone you felt and let them celebrate their birthdays the best you can.
    Aw thank you I will do

This just feels like every other day and it's kinda sad not gonna lie as much as people try to make me feel better online :/

ReputationRep:
    Where are you based, if London drop me a message? I’m a couple of years older happy to grab a drink with you one day this week

I’m based in Canary Wharf at work.

You’re young plenty of time to make friends.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connorh92)
    Where are you based, if London drop me a message? I’m a couple of years older happy to grab a drink with you one day this week

I’m based in Canary Wharf at work.

You’re young plenty of time to make friends.
    Man that's awesome. I've pm'd you
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    :tsr2: to the rescue!!!

:party:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by dmpyoutube)
    - I don't have any friends (and yes, I'm not just saying that. I am not in contact with anyone)
    - My family do not celebrate birthdays
    - I do wish I had a good night out etc. but I feel kinda awkward going out just on my own
    Happy birthday! :party:

I wish you a year full of happiness and achievements up ahead! :yay:

I realise you probably do not feel very well at the moment due to your situation, but that can be fixed! :grin: I remember feeling like you are feeling now many times in the past and when that happened, I reached out to old friends I had not spoken with in a while, spoke with new people in my classes or joined new activities (extracurricular courses, clubs, and volunteering, to exemplify).

Try to identify why you do not have friends if it truly is as you say and solve the problem by getting rid of the cause. Do you not talk to people? Do you not interact with like-minded people? Are you bad at keeping in touch? Do you not present yourself as someone people want to be around (a.k.a. are you being too negative, shy, and so not talkative that someone might feel like they are talking to themselves), even though that is not representative of reality? Eliminate the cause and you will already be halfway towards getting more friends for an awesome birthday party next year! :cool:

Do not lose hope or think yourself unworthy of friends or anything like that. That would be as false a belief as possible. Even if today might not be that amazing, at least you can make tomorrow better! :woo:

Going out by yourself is not that bad :ahee: You might even meet new people :mmm: As long as you are safe, it is fine What matters is that you have fun :heart:

If you ever need to talk to anyone, feel free to VM or PM me :cube:

I wish you all the best, OP! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Im also 21 and have no friends.. i know how you feel man

ReputationRep:
    Seems like a nice guy

ReputationRep:
    Happy birthday

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.