Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mother problems Watch

Announcements

My mom is the most selfish person I have ever meet. She clearly doesn't care about me in any way shape or form. I feel like I'm her helper and that's it.

She feels the need to put me down all the time, "You're so fat" "Don't call me mom, call me young sister, you're too old I feel embarrassed" "At least my butt is better looking than yours...You don't even have one". I take this as a joke and move on but she says them in a serious tone.

I have been dealing with depression for a while now, she told me to deal with it on my own, so it wouldn't go on my medical record (don't see why I should worry about this).

I have sensitive skin so I need a different kind of shampoo, soap, and toothpaste but not even once she got them for me... I was suffering because of my skin and her saying how I am so lazy and do nothing, so I got a job. She keeps saying how my job is rubbish, how she doesn't like my boss (who she never meet), how I can't say no to too many hours... I was perfectly fine with my number of hours, then sixth form started (again).. she keeps asking to help her do the house jobs when that is her only obligation, I work (16 hours a week), stay in college from 9 to 4:15 and live 1 hour away. Friday she does spinning with her friend and then go to a sauna.

I don't understand why should I help her when I don't have time to do anything, (I should be finishing my hw but I just tired of living like this). and when I complain she says "You live here!"... SO WHAT? So does she, I only stay in my room ( I clean myself), wash my own clothes, get my own money, food, wash up whatever I use in the kitchen...I never have time to do anything I enjoy... why should I help her with anything?

There is so much more to this, but if I write it all it would be a book..

(Original post by Anonymous)
    She feels the need to put me down all the time, "You're so fat" "Don't call me mom, call me young sister, you're too old I feel embarrassed" "At least my butt is better looking than yours...You don't even have one". I take this as a joke and move on but she says them in a serious tone.
    wow your moms a ****ing loser

No offense but your mother sounds like a narcissist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My mom is the most selfish person I have ever meet. She clearly doesn't care about me in any way shape or form. I feel like I'm her helper and that's it.

I have been dealing with depression for a while now, she told me to deal with it on my own, so it wouldn't go on my medical record (don't see why I should worry about this).

I have sensitive skin so I need a different kind of shampoo, soap, and toothpaste but not even once she got them for me... I was suffering because of my skin and her saying how I am so lazy and do nothing, so I got a job. She keeps saying how my job is rubbish, how she doesn't like my boss (who she never meet), how I can't say no to too many hours... I was perfectly fine with my number of hours, then sixth form started (again).. she keeps asking to help her do the house jobs when that is her only obligation, I work (16 hours a week), stay in college from 9 to 4:15 and live 1 hour away. Friday she does spinning with her friend and then go to a sauna.

I don't understand why should I help her when I don't have time to do anything, (I should be finishing my hw but I just tired of living like this). and when I complain she says "You live here!"... SO WHAT? So does she, I only stay in my room ( I clean myself), wash my own clothes, get my own money, food, wash up whatever I use in the kitchen...I never have time to do anything I enjoy... why should I help her with anything?

There is so much more to this, but if I write it all it would be a book..
    Do you actually call your mum "young sister"?

Honestly, that sounds horrible but I'm not sure what you should actually do :dontknow: bc she hasn't really physically hurt you or anything.
    She could easily say she was "joking" if you tell the authorities :sad:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.