The Student Room Group

Dundee or Glasgow?

Hi guys, I am Zoey from Malaysia. I'm currently a second year dental student in International Medical University (IMU), Kuala Lumpur. I am in a programme where at the third year, which is the clinical year, I get to transfer abroad to study. Choices given are University of Glasgow, University of Dundee, University of Adelaide, Dalhousie University (Canada) and University of Otago (New Zealand).

I used to study in Norwich for 1.5 years for my A-levels degree and I got an offer from Uni. of Glasgow to study dentistry (entry year 2015). But I couldn't afford to continue at that point of time because right before Brexit, the GBP currency raised so high that for the 5-year course, I had to pay 6-year worth of money in order to finish. So I decided to choose this partner dental school programme and get my theory part done in Malaysia first. I always have the dream to study in the UK and perhaps, work there as well. Sounds kind of ambitious but that's not my main concern right now.

My question is as titled: Should I choose Glasgow or Dundee for the dentistry course? I'd heard lots of opinions and both sides sound equally good. I've been to both cities and found that Glasgow undoubtedly has a better city life. I also went Dundee for one of my interviews, and the school itself is right next to a clinic/hospital. I couldn't recall. Scottish are generally really nice and helpful, so this adds on to my problem again. I'm in a huge dilemma deciding which to choose. I need a decision ASAP because if I were to choose to go to Dundee, I'll have to retake my IELTS and get all bands to 7.0 and above.

Any input is appreciated! Hope that dental students from both unis can comment and help! Thanks a lot. Cheers!
Reply 1
Hi, I know this thread is from a while ago but I’m just wondering wether you ended up choosing glasgow or Dundee? I have got offers from both for the 5 year dentistry course but can’t choose where to go. I am in New Zealand so i cant visit either!

Quick Reply

Latest