ryangrangerr
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey everyone
At the moment I am only studying for GCSEs so I'm quite down the ladder. Recently I appeared on ITV's The Voice Kids, and it gave me an insight into what really goes into TV. I'd love to be a producer or even possibly a presenter (being a presenter is much more competitive so I'll give producing a shot first) of TV and radio. I've always been interested in television shows like BGT and Bake Off and Strictly. I'm also a musician so I think I'd have a good taste for radio - I do gigs and I busk on the weekends.

My problem is, I have no idea what subjects to take to get onto that path. I understand there are things like A Level Media Studies, and Music or Music Technology. I'd like to take some other subjects as well due to the competitiveness of the field - maybe like French or Business Studies.

Pleeeeease if there is anybody out there who has a clue or even wants to go or IS on the same path too, please let me know.

Cheers
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ryangrangerr)
Hey everyone
At the moment I am only studying for GCSEs so I'm quite down the ladder. Recently I appeared on ITV's The Voice Kids, and it gave me an insight into what really goes into TV. I'd love to be a producer or even possibly a presenter (being a presenter is much more competitive so I'll give producing a shot first) of TV and radio. I've always been interested in television shows like BGT and Bake Off and Strictly. I'm also a musician so I think I'd have a good taste for radio - I do gigs and I busk on the weekends.

My problem is, I have no idea what subjects to take to get onto that path. I understand there are things like A Level Media Studies, and Music or Music Technology. I'd like to take some other subjects as well due to the competitiveness of the field - maybe like French or Business Studies.

Pleeeeease if there is anybody out there who has a clue or even wants to go or IS on the same path too, please let me know.

Cheers
The best route is to follow your interests - if you think French or BS is interesting then they'll be helpful. You'll be able to bring insight from any subject into a career in production and there's no strict pathway to follow.

And at the same time you need to follow your interests and get as much insight into the industry and experience wherever possible.

http://creativeskillset.org/ is worth having a nose around as an introduction to the different careers and career paths available - and the http://www.bbc.co.uk/academy/ is a pretty good site too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.62%
I'm not sure (56)
4.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (351)
29.15%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.91%
I'm not a current university student (586)
48.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed