Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This thread had my personal statement in it and i didnt know you could get done for plagiarism i deleted it but is it too lat can someone delete this thread please?

ReputationRep:
    If that is your personal statement delete it immediately - you could get caught for plagiarism

ReputationRep:
    Don't post any part of your personal statement online. You will need to rewrite your whole personal statement now.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    delete this quick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noor.m)
    delete this quick
    It's too late, The Copycat software will already have archived it I would guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M4cc4n4)
    It's too late, The Copycat software will already have archived it I would guess
    I'm curious to know how that works

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcaneMists)
    Don't post any part of your personal statement online. You will need to rewrite your whole personal statement now.
    oops. Will i definitely have to rewrite the whole thing???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aninozaut)
    I'm curious to know how that works
    is there anything i can do about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faheem112)
    oops. Will i definitely have to rewrite the whole thing???
    Safest thing to do would be to rewrite the whole statement, but if you want to risk it you can reuse bits of it.

ReputationRep:
    This thread had my personal statement in it and i didnt know you could get done for plagiarism i deleted it but is it too lat can someone delete this thread please?
    The only thing you have to worry about is someone copying your PS, but other than that, there is no Google cache BS. You posting your PS on TSR has not been saved by UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn’t risk reusing it

ReputationRep:
    You can request a removal of your cached personal statement on here. Simply login to your google account, and then paste the link to related page on the URL box. It might take a few days before the page gets deleted from Google search results.

Edit: Just in case you don't know how to get the link, search the first line of your personal statement on google, and then page will come up.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Ze Witcher)
    The only thing you have to worry about is someone copying your PS, but other than that, there is no Google cache BS. You posting your PS on TSR has not been saved by UCAS.
    You are incorrect, UCAS uses Google caches to check for plagiarism.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
    You are incorrect, UCAS uses Google caches to check for plagiarism.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Quoted from UCAS:

Each personal statement is checked against:
    - a library of personal statements previously submitted to UCAS
    - sample statements collected from a variety of websites
    - other sources including paper publications

I don't see Google cache here? Also - they won't scan TSR for threads trying to find a new personal statement that randomely pop up. TSR has example PS's, but these new threads that pop up don't really count as example PS's.

I also posted my PS last year on TSR - nothing happened with plagiarism?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Quoted from UCAS:

Each personal statement is checked against:
    - a library of personal statements previously submitted to UCAS
    - sample statements collected from a variety of websites
    - other sources including paper publications

I don't see Google cache here? Also - they won't scan TSR for threads trying to find a new personal statement that randomely pop up. TSR has example PS's, but these new threads that pop up don't really count as example PS's.

I also posted my PS last year on TSR - nothing happened with plagiarism?
    Google Cache is what we understand forms a part of it, PS's are only safe in the Submitted PS reviews forum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
    Google Cache is what we understand forms a part of it, PS's are only safe in the Submitted PS reviews forum
    I posted sizable parts of my PS through new threads and my whole PS through, not only just the submitted forum, but also through messages - many times in fact. And I got 0% similarity?

Of course I deleted them, but wouldn't they have been cached?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    A rewrite is wise as others have said.

I think I reviewed this. This was in the PS help private forums.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.