Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, my postgraduate payment was due on 25th, however i did not enroll to the university of my loan, indeed last week i sent through my change, but i suppose they haven't got it yer, and i can't long in my account recently.

I would ask, if after they see my change, could Student Finance cancel my loan as they will receive my change after the first installment, or because they don't have anymore funds? Many thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by alby1492)
    Hi guys, my postgraduate payment was due on 25th, however i did not enroll to the university of my loan, indeed last week i sent through my change, but i suppose they haven't got it yer, and i can't long in my account recently.

I would ask, if after they see my change, could Student Finance cancel my loan as they will receive my change after the first installment, or because they don't have anymore funds? Many thanks
    Hi alby1492,

'Change of Circumstance' are currently taking 11 working days to process from when we receive it. If you did not register onto the course, then we will not have received your 'Confirmation of Registration' and we would not pay your loan

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise E SFE)
    Hi alby1492,

'Change of Circumstance' are currently taking 11 working days to process from when we receive it. If you did not register onto the course, then we will not have received your 'Confirmation of Registration' and we would not pay your loan

Thanks.
    Can i ask if usually in these case, is there any change to remain without loan, since in the case i won't get it, i have to withdraw from my university and i have to pay a penalty. Many thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi alby1492,

The processing timescales have a changed a little as we are now currently taking 13 working days for processing Postgraduate Loan (PGL) Change of Circumstances forms from the date we received it. Your application would need to be changed over to your new University so they can send over the Confirmation of Registration (COR) to us so we can release your payment. If your application was already approved for the first University then as long as you have changed to an eligible course that is designated for funding then it would be approved for the new University as well when we process your form. You just need to allow the time for these changes to be processed.

You can monitor your online account for any update to confirm your University has been updated.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.