The Student Room Group

Lack of passion for mechanical engineering

I have just finished freshers at the university of Manchester and I am now starting proper lectures. My first impression of the course was not very good at all, I really didn't enjoy the first lectures at all and I am not looking forward to going back, I am trying to think of my best options, whether it be switch to another faculty in the engineering department e.g. aerospace/civil or switch to a different course overall as I am lacking passion for the course already. I am potentially interested in economics but have never really looked deeply into the subject.
Original post by jf1456
I have just finished freshers at the university of Manchester and I am now starting proper lectures. My first impression of the course was not very good at all, I really didn't enjoy the first lectures at all and I am not looking forward to going back, I am trying to think of my best options, whether it be switch to another faculty in the engineering department e.g. aerospace/civil or switch to a different course overall as I am lacking passion for the course already. I am potentially interested in economics but have never really looked deeply into the subject.

What is it that you have not enjoyed?
Original post by jf1456

If you hate mechanical, you will feel sick with aerospace.... aerospace is the hardest engineering degree.....
Reply 3
Original post by Smack
What is it that you have not enjoyed?

I don't find myself looking forward to lectures/tutorials and have no drive for the subject outside contact hours.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending