The Student Room Group

Anxiety is taking over again

I started uni and I was adamant that this year was going to be different, I was going to go to all of my lectures/seminars etc and I was going to be on top of everything.

I started yesterday and I haven't been to one yet, my anxiety is completely taking over again, and this is getting me so down.

What should I do?
Reply 1
Focus on your CBT, if you haven't done a CBT course, do one!

Email your uni, and let them know about it. The sooner you make them aware, the more chance you have of mitigation down the line.

You need to talk to your doctor asap and see what they can recommend to help you cope.
Maybe find some support (if you can) for exmaple is there a councilor that can help? Or maybe email your professor and ask if you could have notes or the powerpoint to get some notes down to do in your dorm/home, or if you have a friend/classmate, ask if you can borrow their notes?. There's a fair amount you can do, but I understand how hard it is to actually do it
Good Luck
Original post by SweetNothing
I started uni and I was adamant that this year was going to be different, I was going to go to all of my lectures/seminars etc and I was going to be on top of everything.

I started yesterday and I haven't been to one yet, my anxiety is completely taking over again, and this is getting me so down.

What should I do?

Hi there,

Really sorry to hear you are suffering with anxiety. Going to uni (or coming back after a break) is a big change for everyone, so can be especially difficult if you have anxiety. Does your uni have a wellbeing service that you can contact? It's best to see them as soon as you can, so they can support you. Hope you feel better soon.

Heather
We’re all mad here
Power of now
Subtle art of no giving a ****
Short e books on amazon
All good books to start with
Infinite waters
Elliot hulse
Good you tubers
Boost seretonin we’re all mad talks about that
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by SweetNothing

What should I do?

Hey,

So sorry to hear this!

As some other posters have said, I'd inform your course leader about your situation as soon as you can and contact your students support team. It's unfair that you feel like your anxiety is taking over, but I can assure you that there will be a lot of support in place to help you over come it.

I hope you're feeling better soon!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending