LCbaltrock
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am currently conducting a research investigation about genre in Pop and Indie music videos. Here are the links to the two music videos which I would like to focus on in my research and I would be incredibly grateful if you could watch them and comment on the following questions about the music videos. Feel free to add any other relevant comments at the end!

Indie Music Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBtVjjLtEY8

Pop Music Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um7pMggPnug

1. Comment on any features you notice in the Indie music video that might make it typical of the Indie genre.
2. Is there any narrative (story line) in the Indie music video? If so comment on what you think it is (there is no right or wrong answer!)
3. Do you find the Indie music video enigmatic (mysterious)? If so why do you think the producer has decided to use enigma and how important is it to create a sense of mystery in music videos?
4. Who is the target audience for this music video? (think maybe age, gender, tastes etc)
5. If any, do you think there is a particular message being conveyed in the Indie music video?
6. Is there any hybridity in this music video (i.e. are there features borrowed from pop or rock music videos)?

Now looking at the pop music video:

7. Comment on any features you notice in the Indie music video that might make it typical of the Pop genre.Are there any which are not typical of the pop genre?
8. What do you think the narrative is about?
9. What message do you you think is being conveyed in this music video?
10. Are there any features in this music video that you might not usually expect to find in pop music videos?
11. If any, do you think there is a particular message being conveyed in this Pop music video?
12. Who do you think the target audience may be for this music video?
13. Are there any similarities between this pop music video and the Indie music video?
14. What are the main differences you notice between the two music videos?
15. How important do you think star image (the presence of the main artist/singer/band) is in both of the music videos?

Thank you for taking the time to watch the music videos and discuss them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (61)
17.48%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (97)
27.79%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (133)
38.11%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (47)
13.47%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.15%

Watched Threads