Note-taking/stationary used for medicine.

Watch this thread
WutJob..
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
What stationary do you use when making notes?

Do you have small folders or a big arch file? I will have two modules+ placement.

How do you write up notes from lectures that are 50+ slides long?

Thanks
WutJob..
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
bump
Arianax
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Print out the slides (6 per page, make notes on the slides). Get a notepad with dividers for separate modules.

I personally don’t use folders.

Ryman’s have 15% off at the moment, cheap Pukka Pad notepads too. Good quality!
Angury
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Depends on what works best for you. I personally never made notes and just learnt from the slides.

Most lecturers printed off the slides and gave them out to us. I never bothered to print anything myself, just read all of the slides online + used books as needed to consolidate my learning.

Most of my friends used their laptops to make notes as it made it easier to follow the slides. If you're the sort of person who likes to make notes with pen and paper then I second printing off slides and making notes as the lecture goes on. I think it's better to write up the notes during the lecture rather than afterwards, otherwise you will be giving yourself a lot of work.

As for organising things, it's probably best to divide all your notes into the different subjects (Pathology, Anatomy etc) using a simple folder.

As you go along, you'll realise what works best for you. I just like staring at a textbook until it all sinks in, then using flashcards to test myself repeatedly.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by WutJob..)
bump
Moved to the Medicine forum.

PS. Please don't bump threads
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (22)
20.75%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (12)
11.32%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (7)
6.6%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (18)
16.98%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (24)
22.64%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
21.7%

Watched Threads