The Student Room Group

2018 Consulting Graduate Applications *MEGA THREAD*

So - didn't find one ready so I'm starting it (being proactive boys/girls)

Mckinsey
Bain
BCG

LEK
Oliver Wyman
Strategy&
EY Parthenon
Roland Berger

EY
PwC
KPMG
Deloitte
Accenture
Marakon
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by dank-knight

Mckinsey
Bain
BCG

LEK
Oliver Wyman
Strategy&
EY Parthenon
Roland Berger

EY
PwC
KPMG
Deloitte
Accenture

Completed any apps yet?
Don't think they are as anal as banks so you can apply like Oct time. May be wrong..
Original post by uxa595
Completed any apps yet?
Don't think they are as anal as banks so you can apply like Oct time. May be wrong..

submitted LEK waiting for events at others first
Reply 3
So far applied to:
Parthenon - I believe they check apps after deadline
Deloitte - Online Tests done
EY - dont see any consulting london roles as of yet (find this odd - unless ive been late but ive been checking for the last couple months)
KPMG - awaiting Launch Pad date - been on hold since August (hear this is common for others going for S&O)
PwC - will apply next week
PA - Phone Interview soon
Marakon - awaiting reply
Credo - Early milk round
Roland Berger - awaiting reply
Mott Macdonald - Online Tests complete
BearingPoint - yet to apply
Oliver Wyman - Online Tests due
LEK - Submitted app - odd they changed to no cover letter being required this year

Big 3 yet to apply, and a few others like AT Kearney and Eden Mcallum etc but they aren't open as of yet

Accenture not going to bother - heard too many horror stories from people there
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by mx321
So far applied to:
EY - dont see any consulting london roles as of yet (find this odd - unless ive been late but ive been checking for the last couple months)
KPMG - awaiting Launch Pad date - been on hold since August (hear this is common for others going for S&O)
Marakon - awaiting reply
Credo - Early milk round
LEK - Submitted app - odd they changed to no cover letter being required this year

Big 3 yet to apply, and a few others like AT Kearney and Eden Mcallum etc but they aren't open as of yet

tell me more about Accenture

Don't think AT Kearney takes UK undergrads (except if you're from LSE/LBS)
Reply 5
tell me more about Accenture

Don't think AT Kearney takes UK undergrads (except if you're from LSE/LBS)

My conversations with AT Kearney said they have application openings for specific universities and said my university would be opening in October sometime so I guess will have to see. Also being a postgrad (PhD) I hope that makes a difference!

Accenture I hear there is no care about work life balance at all - although long hours are expected in consulting, i hear its worse at Accenture, i may be wrong and maybe others can shed light on this,

I hear they prefer young, single graduates (i.e. people with little commitments elsewhere) - also i hear it is very political, especially when it comes to promotions
Original post by mx321
My conversations with AT Kearney said they have application openings for specific universities and said my university would be opening in October sometime so I guess will have to see. Also being a postgrad (PhD) I hope that makes a difference!

Accenture I hear there is no care about work life balance at all - although long hours are expected in consulting, i hear its worse at Accenture, i may be wrong and maybe others can shed light on this,

I hear they prefer young, single graduates (i.e. people with little commitments elsewhere) - also i hear it is very political, especially when it comes to promotions

LMAO on Accenture

Quite sure your PhD will be handy,, the consultancies love how you guys can break down problems etc. Best of luck and keep us posted.
Original post by mx321
So far applied to:
Marakon - awaiting reply
Credo - Early milk round

I wanted to apply to PwC tech consulting but i cant find it on the application window, can only see management consulting and strategy. do you know if they've already filled? or just havent opened it yet?
Original post by Livcompton
I wanted to apply to PwC tech consulting but i cant find it on the application window, can only see management consulting and strategy. do you know if they've already filled? or just havent opened it yet?

If tech consulting specifically is your thing, go Deloitte. By far the best out of the Big 4 for Tech. But also apply PwC too.

Realise that's very unhelpful in regards to your initial question, sorry :tongue:
Original post by Fas
If tech consulting specifically is your thing, go Deloitte. By far the best out of the Big 4 for Tech. But also apply PwC too.

Realise that's very unhelpful in regards to your initial question, sorry :tongue:

Yeah ive actually already applied to deloitte! just waiting to hear back, they're certainly taking their time - said something about waiting to find a benchmark. Just want to increase my chances as much as poss of getting a place so will go for PwC as well if it ever comes out. Thanks!
Yeah ive actually already applied to deloitte! just waiting to hear back, they're certainly taking their time - said something about waiting to find a benchmark. Just want to increase my chances as much as poss of getting a place so will go for PwC as well if it ever comes out. Thanks!

Did you apply for a specific area within Tech? Yeah their process does take a while - I did an internship with them in tech consulting, so if you've got any questions about it, fire away.

And good luck with the rest of your apps!
Does anyone know who to address Oliver Wyman cover letter to?
Reply 12
Original post by tb890890
Does anyone know who to address Oliver Wyman cover letter to?

I put sir/madam, couldnt find a specific name
Reply 13

Sorry haven't really looked into tech consulting so I wouldn't know! CapCo may be a good one for you to go for as well
Am I just being stupid or have KPMG not opened their programmes yet? Looking to apply for the summer vacation scheme in the strategy group but can't see any job postings for it?
@Princepieman bro you seem to know your stuff, would love your opinion on something.

would you say UG to MBB is more competitive than MBA to MBB considering MBA's are something consultancy firms love? and what is the app process when applying to MBB from a MBA? are there MBA target unis?
has KPMG consulting closed already?! i can only see audit, tax and actuarial still open..
Original post by mreilap1
has KPMG consulting closed already?! i can only see audit, tax and actuarial still open..

I applied for SC back in August and am on hold for an LP so they may be almost full in which case they have closed applications
Hey has anyone applied to Alpha??

Mckinsey
Bain
BCG

LEK
Oliver Wyman
Strategy&
EY Parthenon
Roland Berger

EY
PwC
KPMG
Deloitte
Accenture
Marakon

Original post by mx321
So far applied to:
Marakon - awaiting reply
Credo - Early milk round

Did you guys end up applying for Accenture? I seem to be getting a lot of issues with the online application system. I’m all set to submit so just wondering if it’s just me that’s having these problems.

Quick Reply

Latest