The Student Room Group

2018 Consulting Graduate Applications *MEGA THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by reasonableman
Thanks for the encouragement but I'm interested for a few reasons:

1) To try to pin point what/if I did anything wrong. I expended a lot of effort to try to transition to consulting. I feel that I did literally everything I could. I'm a PhD at a top institution (Oxbridge). I went to all the networking sessions I could, joined the consulting club, got CV and cover letters reviews from MBB consultants (and good feedback).

2) To determine if it's worth the effort to continue. As you highlight consulting is not the be all and end all of careers. However, I need to invest time to get up to speed in those other areas, if consulting is a bust I'll just concentrate on those areas.

3) To get a more UK-centric insight into consulting applicants. I've found numerous resources on consulting but most of them have a heavy US bias.

UG institution and grade? PhD field? Other postgrad institutions and grades? Work experience? Social context? Applying to these places is about more than just 'PhD from Oxbridge. Check. Invite to interview.'
Can anyone tell me what the PWC case study interview is like?
Original post by Parliament
UG institution and grade? PhD field? Other postgrad institutions and grades? Work experience? Social context? Applying to these places is about more than just 'PhD from Oxbridge. Check. Invite to interview.'

I am aware of that. However I only have one data point, I would like to get more and I might be able to infer what the issue is...
Reply 423
Just got rejected by Credo :/
Original post by iac995
Just got rejected by Credo :/
Sorry to hear about that, when did they get back to you?
Reply 425
Original post by zcakh96
Sorry to hear about that, when did they get back to you?

today
Reply 426
Original post by dhamm
The 2nd set of OC&C tests don't show up on my CEB account for some reason - anyone else with the same problem? The correct deadline is shown but it says I've got no assessments to complete. Have emailed OC&C to ask.

Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 10.03.37.png

Have you heard back from them? I’m having the same issue.
Anyone else heard from LEK? Just got a first-round invite :biggrin:
Original post by BeardedBlue
Anyone else heard from LEK? Just got a first-round invite :biggrin:

Did you take any in-person test?
some insights from my side reading the last few threads:
- bain, strategy& and OW send the online assessments automatically
- honestly speaking, the SHL numerical is the easiest assessment (done 100 OTs this season already)
- rejected by credo on sunday at 6pm
- received OC&C second online assessment friday 7 pm but a friend emailed them and they said there was a technical error for some people
Original post by teaxx310
Did you take any in-person test?

No I didn't; first time I've heard since the online test/questions
Reply 431
Original post by BeardedBlue
No I didn't; first time I've heard since the online test/questions

Is your first round going to include doing a test? I'm just surprised because a bunch (including myself) had to go last week to do a second in-peson GMAT-like test.
Original post by kenuuu
Is your first round going to include doing a test? I'm just surprised because a bunch (including myself) had to go last week to do a second in-peson GMAT-like test.

Yes I believe that is the case :smile:. In person GMAT style test and 2 interviews
When are we hearing back from McKinsey btw?
Reply 434
Has anyone who already went to a in person test with LEK heard back?
Anyone still not heard from oc&c at all since sending their app? I'm considering emailing them
Original post by emiemiemi
When are we hearing back from McKinsey btw?

Wednesday latest I think.
anyone done launch pad or received invitation for launch pad for kpmg yet? i applied back in September and have been on hold since :/
Reply 438
Original post by Economics736
anyone done launch pad or received invitation for launch pad for kpmg yet? i applied back in September and have been on hold since :/

i applied back in July and was waiting for an LP date until they contacted me about 3 weeks ago saying all the places were filled
Anyone got a PWC AC in Birmingham on the 1st Dec?

I applied for technology risk! any help would be great!

ALSO

what are some good sites to practise numerical tests?

thanks all...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending