The Student Room Group

2018 Consulting Graduate Applications *MEGA THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dhamm
Does anyone know when the deadlines are for the McKinsey + Bain online tests? I'm submitting my applications today (which is the deadline) so was hoping I'd be able to do the tests tomorrow...?

You need to Bain by Sunday (29th of Oct) and McKinsey send out the PST (their test) a couple of weeks after the deadline
Original post by J Edgar
Oliver wyman’s tests are ridiculous, there like those uk maths challenge we did at school.

Original post by teaxx310
YEAH I am sure that OW is difficult, but LEK test is worse ... :frown:

Very glad to hear I wasn't the only one that thought OW and LEK were tough!
Original post by robin1125
You need to Bain by Sunday (29th of Oct) and McKinsey send out the PST (their test) a couple of weeks after the deadline

Awesome, thank you! So McKinsey don't do the online numerical/verbal reasoning tests as well, just the PST?
Reply 83
Original post by ikramvp
How were the pwc tests? I'm worried about the personality type test

All i had for pwc was numerical reasoning and inductive reasoning, the inductive reasoning just involved a logic tests looking at shapes and colours etc. Come to think of it i havent been asked to do an SJT type test for PwC
Reply 84
Congrats on the interviews! Will this be for the grad role or just for the workshop? btw did you apply to Deloitte Monitor or just Deloitte? Cheers

I applied for the grad role then recieved an email last week asking if i want to be considered for the ISW as well, in my rush i didnt really check properly that the potential interviews for the ISW are next week! I called them to ask how it works and whether my graduate application would still hold if i flop my interviews next week for the ISW. But I was told that the interviews tehy do next week are identical to what they do in December for the normal interviews, and should be treated as an early milkround. you can technically do well on the interviews next week but not get invited to the workshop and still land a job. I thought I may as well go for it and get it out the way (hopefully less competition)

Also I applied to Monitor Deloitte, again i believe thats the only strategy option in london?
Reply 85
does everyone get the bain tests or is there a screening beforehand?
Reply 86
Original post by J Edgar
does everyone get the bain tests or is there a screening beforehand?

everyone gets them
Original post by robin1125
Very glad to hear I wasn't the only one that thought OW and LEK were tough!

Yeah they are, but lek is more difficult I reckon. Ow at least you know most people can't complete it. Lek you have time but just don't know what xxx it is talking about. Don't think I even can score 50%...
Original post by mx321
All i had for pwc was numerical reasoning and inductive reasoning, the inductive reasoning just involved a logic tests looking at shapes and colours etc. Come to think of it i havent been asked to do an SJT type test for PwC

No strategy & you don't need sjt. Did you upload your cv and cover letter using the cv manager? When I do that it says my cv has not been submitted for any application...
Original post by mx321
I applied for the grad role then recieved an email last week asking if i want to be considered for the ISW as well, in my rush i didnt really check properly that the potential interviews for the ISW are next week! I called them to ask how it works and whether my graduate application would still hold if i flop my interviews next week for the ISW. But I was told that the interviews tehy do next week are identical to what they do in December for the normal interviews, and should be treated as an early milkround. you can technically do well on the interviews next week but not get invited to the workshop and still land a job. I thought I may as well go for it and get it out the way (hopefully less competition)

Also I applied to Monitor Deloitte, again i believe thats the only strategy option in london?

Oh then sounds great! They didn't get back to me at all, well done! Howsbyour your case interview preparation?
Reply 90
No strategy & you don't need sjt. Did you upload your cv and cover letter using the cv manager? When I do that it says my cv has not been submitted for any application...

i just followed the normal application form and attached the documents when asked , sorry i cant recall a CV manager.
Reply 91
Oh then sounds great! They didn't get back to me at all, well done! Howsbyour your case interview preparation?

thanks! well i had a final round intv at Credo a couple weeks ago so did a lot of prep for that so i'm feeling slightly confident this one should be ok,

i've still not been told if I have the interview because im waiting for some tests to complete!
Is there any reason why the big 3, Bain, Mckinsey, BCG all have the exact same deadlines applications today?
Original post by mx321
thanks! well i had a final round intv at Credo a couple weeks ago so did a lot of prep for that so i'm feeling slightly confident this one should be ok,

i've still not been told if I have the interview because im waiting for some tests to complete!

Oh I see credo seems to be pretty efficient. I applied to but have been procrastinating their tests... 😂😂 can you offer any insight into the difficulty of the test?
Reply 94
Oh I see credo seems to be pretty efficient. I applied to but have been procrastinating their tests... 😂😂 can you offer any insight into the difficulty of the test?

I found their tests quite reasonable, they make you take the exact same test on the day of the first round (albeit with different numbers) so it may be worth making note of the questions.
Original post by dhamm
Awesome, thank you! So McKinsey don't do the online numerical/verbal reasoning tests as well, just the PST?

Yeah as far as I remember it's just the PST
Original post by mx321
I found their tests quite reasonable, they make you take the exact same test on the day of the first round (albeit with different numbers) so it may be worth making note of the questions.

Ah thanks! I was told that credo applications are reviewed together after the deadline. Are you in the early milk round? Btw I have practiced around 20 now, if you are interested we can do cases together :smile:
Has anyone applied to Bain or Mckinsey?

How did you select your office preference? did you just select London or did you include other locations as well?

I would like to include other offices and have my application sent to more places, but that means downgrading your preference percentage score for each,
Reply 98
Original post by lunnndoner
Has anyone applied to Bain or Mckinsey?

How did you select your office preference? did you just select London or did you include other locations as well?

I would like to include other offices and have my application sent to more places, but that means downgrading your preference percentage score for each,

I was thinking the same so I just selected London so it could give it the full 100%
Original post by sara271
I was thinking the same so I just selected London so it could give it the full 100%

Yea, don't want to be seen as not keen enough haha

Quick Reply