Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Started a psychology degree at coventry university but am already wanting to transfer..warwick was my initial choice but due to having a C and not a B at GCSE maths i was told several times they wouldnt accept me. I dont see the cov degree being challenging enough for me either. I feel like with my a levels (A*AB) a place at warwick would allow me to feel more rewarded for my hard work. not sure what to do..should i stick it out for a year and then attempt to transfer? would they accept me without the correct gcse grade if ive already done some statistics in the first year at cov?

ReputationRep:
    Stay at Coventry, there's no point in wasting your money on transferring when it won't benefit you.

ReputationRep:
    you got a A*AB and didnt get accepted by warwick ???!!

ReputationRep:
    Stick with Coventry for the moment, you have just started classes, so you don't really have a true idea of the content yet. When you settle in, you might grow to like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noor.m)
    I think OP was put off from applying.

Stick with the year. If you don't like it, try to transfer but stick with it for now.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe call up Warwick uni and ask for their input?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noor.m)
    nope all because of my C at gcse maths!

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the advice everyone! i am going to stick with cov and see how things go before i make any decisions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j5678)
    thanks for the advice everyone! i am going to stick with cov and see how things go before i make any decisions
    Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j5678)
    nope all because of my C at gcse maths!
    that’s crazy!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.