The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) Applicant Chat & FAQ Thread 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University
If you were to receive all passes on your Access course, then this would equate to 48 UCAS points, which unfortunately does not meet the conditions of your offer of 72 UCAS points.

We would require you to pass at least 45 credits at level 3, with at least 24 credits at Merit and 21 at Pass, in order to meet the conditions of your offer.

You may find the UCAS Tariff calculator useful in terms of calculating UCAS points.

I hope this helps.

Rebecca

I have rang the uni, they said I need to ring in on results day and see were there are spaces on foundation level and go from there even with the 48 points. it's all the waiting game again from here
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by RepliedJewel
I have rang the uni, they said I need to ring in on results day and see were there are spaces on foundation level and go from there even with the 48 points. it's all the waiting game again from here

Please be aware it's highly unlikely that any of our Foundation Year courses will drop to 48 UCAS points in clearing. Sorry if this is disappointing to hear. However, you are welcome to ring us at clearing to see what is available.

Rebecca
Please be aware it's highly unlikely that any of our Foundation Year courses will drop to 48 UCAS points in clearing. Sorry if this is disappointing to hear. However, you are welcome to ring us at clearing to see what is available.

Rebecca

why have I been told two different things?
Original post by RepliedJewel
why have I been told two different things?

I'm not sure why you were give different information when you rang, and apologise for any confusion it has caused.

Which number did you ring? I can then speak to the team to see why that information was given to you.

As I previously said, you are still welcome to ring us at clearing, however it was just to make you aware that it is very unlikely that we would consider 48 UCAS points for entry on to any of our courses.

From your previous posts, I can see that you are already holding an offer with us for a Foundation Year. I would just try to apply yourself as best as you can in your current Access course to try and meet the conditions of your offer. If on results day, you narrowly miss the conditions of your offer by a small margin, then we will re-review your application to see if we can still confirm your place or offer you an alternative course. This is obviously at the discretion of the Admissions Tutor and also depends on the availability of places at the time. Unfortunately, every year there are some subjects where we cannot take any students who miss their conditions.

Information on what happens after you receive your exam results is at: www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results

I hope this helps.

Rebecca
(edited 5 years ago)
I'm not sure why you were give different information when you rang, and apologise for any confusion it has caused.

Which number did you ring? I can then speak to the team to see why that information was given to you.

As I previously said, you are still welcome to ring us at clearing, however it was just to make you aware that it is very unlikely that we would consider 48 UCAS points for entry on to any of our courses.

From your previous posts, I can see that you are already holding an offer with us for a Foundation Year. I would just try to apply yourself as best as you can in your current Access course to try and meet the conditions of your offer. If on results day, you narrowly miss the conditions of your offer by a small margin, then we will re-review your application to see if we can still confirm your place or offer you an alternative course. This is obviously at the discretion of the Admissions Tutor and also depends on the availability of places at the time. Unfortunately, every year there are some subjects where we cannot take any students who miss their conditions.

Information on what happens after you receive your exam results is at: www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results

I hope this helps.

Rebecca

it was the MMU admissions department that gave me this information. hopefully I'll meet the requirements to get onto the course.

thanks for your help
Hey guys!
I'll be starting my Masters degree in Library and Information Management at MMU in September! 🤓
I'll be living at home and commuting every day.
Any other postgraduate applicants here? :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by KittKatt
Hey guys!
I'll be starting my Masters degree in Library and Information Studies at MMU in September! 🤓

Congratulations on your offer!! :h:

We look forward to meeting you in September. If you have any questions about the Library and Information Studies course, just let us know :smile:

Rebecca
HI! I have just received one of my results but as it's not on the list of what UCAS send to the University i have to send this myself. What exactly will i need to send and who to?

Original post by beckyxox
HI! I have just received one of my results but as it's not on the list of what UCAS send to the University i have to send this myself. What exactly will i need to send and who to?

Hi :wavey:

Glad to hear you're considering MMU! Have you applied to us for this year? If you have and you need to send us an additional qualification directly, the best thing would be to email a scanned copy of your certificate (or a good quality photo) to the relevant Admissions Team for the course that you've applied to.

A list of the Admissions teams and their contact details can be found here. Be sure to include your full name, UCAS Personal ID and the title of the course you've applied to so they can find you on the system :smile:

As a side note, if you haven't had a chance to visit us yet, we have an Open Day a week on Wednesday that may be of interest to you :smile:

Give us a shout if you have any more questions!

Matt
I’ve applied for Business Economics starting in September and got an offer for 112 UCAS points - if I was to get less than 112 but enough for the foundation year, how would I get onto the foundation year?
Original post by megburns
I’ve applied for Business Economics starting in September and got an offer for 112 UCAS points - if I was to get less than 112 but enough for the foundation year, how would I get onto the foundation year?

If you fall below your offer of 112 UCAS points, then we will re-review your application. In the case that we can't offer you a place for Year 1, but can offer you a place for the Foundation Year, then we will change the course on UCAS to the Foundation Year and you will just need to accept this change on UCAS.

Please note that changing applications from Year 1 to the Foundation Year on results day is at the discretion of the Admissions Tutor, and also depends on the availability of places at the time. Some of our Foundation Years do fill before results day.

The best thing to do when you receive your results is to check UCAS Track as this is the first place to be updated. If your offer hasn't been confirmed, then you can give our confirmation line a ring on 0161 247 2931.

I hope this helps :smile:

Rebecca
Hey guys!
I'll be starting my Masters degree in Library and Information Management at MMU in September! 🤓

I'll be starting my Masters in Animal Behaviour in January! I wanted to save up as much as possible so I asked to start for the January term. Very excited but nervous about moving abroad! Congrats on your offer!
Original post by Laceymv
I'll be starting my Masters in Animal Behaviour in January! I wanted to save up as much as possible so I asked to start for the January term. Very excited but nervous about moving abroad! Congrats on your offer!

Oh wow! Congrats!!! Where are you coming from?
Hope you enjoy living in Manchester! :smile:
Oh wow! Congrats!!! Where are you coming from?
Hope you enjoy living in Manchester! :smile:

Thank you! I'm coming from the USA. I've been to Manchester several times before so I'm very excited to be moving there finally! Pretty nervous to be moving so far, but it's definitely familiar territory so I shouldn't feel too out of place.

You're very lucky to live in such a nice place!
Original post by Laceymv

Congratulations on your offer! :smile: We look forward to meeting you in September. Let us know if you have any questions about your course, studying at MMU or life in Manchester :smile:

Matt
Original post by Laceymv
Thank you! I'm coming from the USA. I've been to Manchester several times before so I'm very excited to be moving there finally! Pretty nervous to be moving so far, but it's definitely familiar territory so I shouldn't feel too out of place.

You're very lucky to live in such a nice place!

Oh wow! That's a long way! I have a handful of friends from down the west coast :smile: I would love to visit one day. Ha, it's a pretty decent place, yeah. I quite like it!

I'm glad you like it so much you want to move here!
(edited 5 years ago)
What course are you applying for? MSc Conservation biology
Will you be moving away or staying at home? Staying at home - I currently live in Leeds so within commutable distance for a Masters.
Are you visiting us at an Open Day? I've been to two so far - they're always very helpful so i'd definitely recommend.

I'm really looking forward to start the course, but feeling a little nervous as I graduated from my Bachelors in 2013! (How is that 5 years ago already). Is anyone else doing the Conservation Biology/Zoo Conservation/Animal Behaviour masters at MMU?
Original post by JenMcK8
Will you be moving away or staying at home? Staying at home - I currently live in Leeds so within commutable distance for a Masters.
Are you visiting us at an Open Day? I've been to two so far - they're always very helpful so i'd definitely recommend.

I'm really looking forward to start the course, but feeling a little nervous as I graduated from my Bachelors in 2013! (How is that 5 years ago already). Is anyone else doing the Conservation Biology/Zoo Conservation/Animal Behaviour masters at MMU?

I'm attending MMU for Animal Behaviour in January. I'm nervous too since my bachelors is in Psychology but I think we can do it! Feel free to message me if you'd like to commiserate in the anxiety! :smile:
Original post by Laceymv
I'm attending MMU for Animal Behaviour in January. I'm nervous too since my bachelors is in Psychology but I think we can do it! Feel free to message me if you'd like to commiserate in the anxiety! :smile:

I'm coming from a Psychology background as well, so it's good to know i'm not alone! I like your positivity - we definitely CAN do this!
Original post by JenMcK8

Glad to hear you enjoyed our Open Days! :smile:

I would try not to worry. We have a students on the course from a variety of backgrounds, so not everyone will be recent graduates. There will be people in the same boat as you!

If you have any questions about the course just give me a shout. We look forward to meeting you in September :biggrin:

Rebecca

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending