Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So essentially, I went for a careers meeting and due to living in West Yorkshire I'd like to apply for Accounting & Finance at Bradford and Huddersfield due to being 'decent'.
    My careers advisor said "Why not Leeds?" I responded with " It has high requirements of 3 A's, whilst I am predicted CBA in subjects of Biology, Chemistry and Religous education. In addition I do not take Mathematics, Business or Economics at A level and it's hard to show my interest in this area due to being on the other side of the spectrum. Also my GCSE grades aren't the best with 1A, 7B's and 4C's, B in Mathematics English literature a C in English language. "
    She replied with an Access course would lower the required grades to ABB. So I would only be one grade off so it would be likely they'd consider me but GCSE's is a problem as they ask for an A in Mathematics and B in English language.

She proceeded by phoning the University of Leeds to ask. They asked if I could repeat Maths. But due to being in Year 13 it would be difficult. They then said I would need to take a test on Maths made by the University and didn't mind about English. If I passed they'd consider me.

My concerns are that surely the test will be difficult as it is for Accounting at university. So what should I revise?
    Second is it likely I would get rejected?
    ( I wasn't completely bad at Maths I gained 134/200, 140 was an A)
    I can't find any work experience and after talking to many universities they said it isn't needed although preferable. So would it hinder my chances?
    I am looking at taster days to attend universities currently but I was also thinking about Economics. I am extremely confused which is a better course Accounting and Finance or Economics?( I am suspicious about A&F due to hearing about how it isn't seen as rigorous and it being labelled as worthless because of less prospects and saturation of the Accounting industry.)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.