Flutterbypie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

After going to sixth form, I decided that I wasn't ready for university and so I managed to find a Level 4 apprenticeship (CIMA Management Accounting) starting in September 2014. I completed about two months ago and have yet to receive the certificate but they have told me I passed. This was with BPP.
I'm now thinking I'd like to do a degree in a different subject (from what I've read, I can possibly do a top up degree in Finance with my apprenticeship qual but would rather not) but I'm not sure of the amount of funding I'd be able to get through Student Finance? Nobody ever mentioned to me at the start whether it would affect my ability to go on to a degree and there doesn't seem to be many other people with this issue...

Any help appreciated. :confused:
Miriam SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Flutterbypie

What type of qualification did you gain when you done your apprenticeship?

Thanks Miriam
Flutterbypie
Rep:
?
From what I've been able to read online, it will be a Level 4 Diploma (possibly equal to a HND?) from OCR.
Miriam SFE
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Flutterbypie

For your top-up degree you will be eligible to apply for full funding you will to make a new students application on your online account or by completing a PN1 form.

Thanks Miriam
Flutterbypie
Rep:
?
Hi,

My query was the funding situation if I did a separate degree from scratch rather than a top up but I appreciate the confirmation in case I do decide on the top up course.
Miriam SFE
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Flutterbypie

How long would your new course be? and is it part time or full time that your going to be studying?

Thanks Miriam
Flutterbypie
Rep:
?
It would be an undergraduate degree from the start (3 years) although I haven't made any sort of decisions due to uncertainty on funding available. I would either complete it full time over 3 years or part time over 5-6 years so advice on either option would be good.
Miriam SFE
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Flutterbypie

If your looking to study full time your previous study will be counted depending how many years you studied previously before, for your part time study you will be eligible for the tuition fee loan and the disability allowance.

Thanks Miriam
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads