The Student Room Group

Is this just friendship?

Hi,

I’m a bit confused with this situation so any help would be appreciated. I’m not even sure if it’s a situation.

But I’ve met this guy online and we get along insanely well and our personalities just click! He was always there to help me whenever I needed something during my traveling trip. He never mentioned the fact that he had a girlfriend when we first started talking but after about a month in, he posted a picture of her on his snap story. I’m guessing it’s his girlfriend from the already taken caption and recently he posted another picture of her.

So basically now that I know he has a girlfriend, I feel bad for always texting him around the clock, and I feel bad for all the three hour face times. He has started calling me things like honey, sweetheart and princess, all really cringe stuff so I can’t help but think about how his girlfriend would feel if she knew about our friendship. I mean I know I’m definitely getting attached to him. I feel like we’re getting attached to each other. I’ve tried to subtly ask if he has a girlfriend or not but he avoids the topic. I don’t know if I should stop speaking to him? Had he not avoided mentioning his girlfriend when I ask, I would have taken it as us being friends but that makes me feel a bit uncomfortable like when does this cross a line? Am I just over complicating nothing?

I just think as a girl, if I knew my boyfriend was texting another girl first thing in the morning, all day long, last thing before bed, I’d be a little upset. Upset in the sense that girls he’s texting isn’t me.

It’s also annoying me because I don’t know what I am to him and I can’t ask.
Then don't ask
And don't assume
She may or may not be his girlfriend
But that shouldn't affect your friendship
But if u really want to know, then ask him straight forward
I personally don't think someone can avoid a qst if asked straight forward
But if he does, then it's alright
Talk to him
Let nothing change

But always have at the back of ur mind 'not to fall for him'

Because u r not completely sure if it would make or break u

This is just wat I would do
'Better safe than sorry '🙂
Ask him if he has a girlfriend, if he avoids the question ask him again and say you'll stop talking to him if he doesn't tell you the truth

How can you be comfortable with him calling you cringey names whilst he may have a girlfriend? Would you allow your boyfriend to have a "friendship" like that with another girl??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending