Level 2 communication key skills=GCSE English

Watch
This discussion is closed.
trev
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
There is no need to be worried if you fail GCSE English more than once. Level 2 key skills communication will make up for it - it's kind of an equivalent to GCSE English. GCSE English and level 2 communications key skills are part of NQF level 2 anyway.
Muffle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by trev1122)
There is no need to be worried if you fail GCSE English more than once. Level 2 key skills communication will make up for it - it's kind of an equivalent to GCSE English. GCSE English and level 2 communications key skills are part of NQF level 2 anyway.
Er, in the eyes of universities it really isnt.
Muffle
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/keyskills...W-QP-Jan02.pdf
^ Key Skills 2

http://www.ocr.org.uk/OCR/WebSite/Da...men_A37235.pdf
^ English OCR, Paper 1/2

Comparing them kinda prooves it, level 3 maybe though.
trev
Rep:
?
I saw those websites. Level two communication key skills and GCSE English are similar.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
level 2 is a joke. I did Level 3 and it was much easier than GCSE English. Employers will want the real thing, GCSE or nothing. I have Level 3 english which is supposed to be the same has A level. That is frankly just an insult to A level english. Did anybody ever tell you I dispise this labour government?
trev
Rep:
?
I wonder how people go to university with good A-level results with GCSE English grade C and below. Some still get accepted.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I wonder how people go to university with good A-level results with GCSE English grade C and below. Some still get accepted.
It depends on circumstances and how well your personal statement is written etc. I got a place without a grade C in English.
trev
Rep:
?
Ok, how about the reference by the teacher, they care about that along with the personal statement eh? You are lucky that you got into university without GCSE English grade C.
Muffle
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ok, how about the reference by the teacher, they care about that along with the personal statement eh? You are lucky that you got into university without GCSE English grade C.
Many people get into university with grade c english, for a start they could have done it at A Level. Secondly as long as they show a good level of english in everything they send to the unviersity and as long as they arent doing a course requiring a huge amount of essay writing theyll be ok.

The point is that simply looking at the exams of Key Skills and GCSE show the difference. Level 2 is just multiple choice FFS! Level 3 you have some essay stuff but nothing compared to GCSE.
Muffle
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
level 2 is a joke. I did Level 3 and it was much easier than GCSE English. Employers will want the real thing, GCSE or nothing. I have Level 3 english which is supposed to be the same has A level. That is frankly just an insult to A level english. Did anybody ever tell you I dispise this labour government?
Ive never heard it compared to an ALevel...
shyopstv
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I've heard Level 3 ICT compared to AS Level by my enrollment tutor at my college but she also said that it is really much easier and there is a lot less work to do. Maybe it is the same for Communication?
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What's even more funny is when they say "it's worth 10 points", I was like "er, no thanks". Not that I'm ungrateful, I just wasn't going to fall for that as I'd never seen any offer like "280 points, plus Key Skills ICT".
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (102)
53.4%
Yes, but I want to swap them (15)
7.85%
No, but I know who I want to choose (18)
9.42%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (48)
25.13%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (8)
4.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed